VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mates 102 brake van gas flying untill yesterday and now seems like its not boosting. Got it plugged in today and came up with these. Any ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my van that has the problem. Just moved house so I have no internet. There where other faults but we cleared these before taking it for a spin. These ones stayed. I've changed the maf and the n75 & n18 pipes as they looked dodgy. The n18 was replaced before I got the van. I've tried unplugging the maf to see if there is any difference in power. There isn't. Does this mean the maf or wiring/plug is the problem?

Any help would be great

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok so I've no idea what the problem is and when searching on here (like most things on the internet) I get all sorts of problems relating to low boost. So I've changed the 109 relay (with no difference) went to volkswagen today and ordered a map sensor. I'm leaving no stone unturned. We'll see what Wednesday brings.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Map sensor changed with no difference. Thanks for all your suggestions......

Going to check the cat now to see if it's blocked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi,not sure if this is any help but ive recently replaced my cat with one from T4s r us
and made a hell of a difference, also stuck a tub of STP diesel cleaner into a full tank of fuel- expensive but i can already feal the difference! good luckT:T:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers for the info. Yea that's next on my list. When you say it made a difference did your van suddenly go underpowered and stay that way?

·
Registered
289 Posts
hi i have had this problem and it was intercooler pipe had a split you should have a good look at them or could have popped a pi[pe off hope this helps good luckT:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers Darren. You could be right it's the simple things that get over looked sometimes. I'll check it out tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
with both these codes present boost will be limited by the ECU to protect the engine.
most likley cause of failure is 2 open circuits in the wiring between the ECU and the components identified by the fault codes.

engine harness is pretty tight in the engine loom and harness breaks are not uncommon on these vans.

undertray off, (i think the start valve is pump mounted, and used to time commence of injection) whilst MAF is next to intake air box top LH side engine bay. Circuit diagrams and a multimeter with the components disconnected and the ECU disconnected, using wire colour coding / pin numbers on ECU and components check for continuity along each wire and also for short to GND, VBatt (make sure ECU disconnected and battery disconnected).

Open circuit most likely fault.
Short to GND via block next possible.
Least probable is short to Vbatt or 5v ref voltage.

otherwise decent auto electricial who is familiar with VW engines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks nwilko. I think your reply makes sense. Going to have to work out how to disconnect the ecu. Do you know if there are any usual trouble parts on the loom?

Looks like the decat is on hold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fixed! Thanks to nwilko for the advice. Did as you said and stared checking though it wasn't long before I had the under tray off and went to check the start valve and there is was. The brown wire has broken completely A:

Had a bit of a panic when I tried to start it again tho. It started but only rev'd to 15000. I only took the negitave off the battery. Turns of once I took the positive off and all back together she fired up and she's back to her old self!

Great start to my weekend. T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts