VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2.5 TDI Undertray Advice

271 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  lnesssie 
#1 ·
Hi All. Having an absolute nightmare with my van (T4 2.5TDI) - thought it had all eventually been sorted after months in the garage, and have finally hit a final hurdle because the garage doing the work have lost the undertray(!). I'm not happy driving it without, given the exposure of belts, pulleys and wiring loom, and to be fair to the garage they are trying to make good. They've ordered a new one direct from VW but predictably it's on indefinite backorder because the van went out of production nearly 20 years ago! So, in the meantime they are trying to source an alternative from a breaker, but there's no timeline on that either. Livid.

So that I can actually use the van whilst waiting for the garage (which is a VW main dealer who quoted cheapest for the original work on the belts) to sort something out, I have been looking to get one of the plastic undertrays. I can find loads online, but they all seem to be designed to fit the non-TDI. I've found some for the TDI, but of course they are all out of stock...

So, the question is: how much difference is there between the fits for the TDI and non-TDI versions, and can it be made to fit my van? Or, does anybody have one for sale which could fit?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.