VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's loads of info on the forum about torsion bars, ARBs, shocks and springs but I can't quite nail what I'm after. Simple really (if you know the answer) - on my factory spec panel van, '03 plate, 2.5TDI, 1200, SWB T4 do I have the standard (23mm) anti roll bar coupled with the violet coded torsion bars? Or is it a beefier ARB? Do I even have the violet torsion bars on there or are they the green ones? I take it there's no rear ARB of any description? It's a bit mucky under the van and it don't say nowhere! Any help gratefully received!T:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - yeah I saw that, as there weren't the relevant models listed alongside the different parts I kind of skipped itI: I just realised that I actually know that the '1200' in my van title means a payload upwards of 900kg so I guess at best I could have had brown bars. Balls, I'll have to keep looking for a set then! :*

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Thanks for the reply - yeah I saw that, as there weren't the relevant models listed alongside the different parts I kind of skipped itI: I just realised that I actually know that the '1200' in my van title means a payload upwards of 900kg so I guess at best I could have had brown bars. Balls, I'll have to keep looking for a set then! :*
I think that they only fitted the violet bars to the Doka, but I stand to be correctedI:

The grey bars were for the Caravelle as a sport upgrade I believeT:

·
Registered
204 Posts
My Vans got Violet bars, and a 23mm anti roll bar.

Its worth getting under there to look I was surprised how easy it was to see the paint, and so glad i looked before i spent out on some Violet bars

My vans rated at 2800kg gross weight, so is that a 1200?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its worth getting under there to look I was surprised how easy it was to see the paint, and so glad i looked before i spent out on some Violet bars

I'm getting under there tomorrow when I'm sober!Rasp:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sober now but I'm too fat to fit under! Gonna jack it up - does the under tray need to come off to see the portion of the torsion bar with the paint mark properly? Nice day for it!:cool:

·
Registered
795 Posts
My vans a 2002 model 2.5 swb 1200 and its got the violet bars and what look like the 23mm anti roll bar, the paint mark is normally on the front section of the bar and is quite small and easily missed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My vans a 2002 model 2.5 swb 1200 and its got the violet bars and what look like the 23mm anti roll bar, the paint mark is normally on the front section of the bar and is quite small and easily missed.
Nice one, do you mean towards the end with the adjustment nut?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts