VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm trouble shooting my T5 AXD engine with diesel in the motor oil, oil in the cooler and latest also starting problems when cold.
I know there is many with same/similar problems and I have some ideas of what to do.

Part of that is to trying to perform a compression test by myself by using a compression test kit bought online. I have done on petrol engines a couple of times but never a diesel.
I took a chance and order a kit without knowing perfectly what I needed... None of the glow plug adaptors did fit perfectly so I need to find either a new kit with the correct one included or just buy the glow plug adaptor. The problem is that I can't manage to find out what part I need. I have called VW and they can't find that info themself :*
I have read on a lot of places in the forum that people are adviced to "perform a compression test". But to me this was harder than just that, to do...

So, could anyone point me somewhere where I can buy my happiness in form of a glow plug adaptor or how have the rest managed to perform their tests? Left it at a shop to perform it for you? I don't like that option :)

Link to the tester I have:
https://cdon.se/hem-tradgard/vidaxl-kompressionsprovare-for-dieselmotorer-p36504037?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=message_newsletter&utm_campaign=order_confirmation

BR, Jonas

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Hi!
I'm trouble shooting my T5 AXD engine with diesel in the motor oil, oil in the cooler and latest also starting problems when cold.
I know there is many with same/similar problems and I have some ideas of what to do.

Part of that is to trying to perform a compression test by myself by using a compression test kit bought online. I have done on petrol engines a couple of times but never a diesel.
I took a chance and order a kit without knowing perfectly what I needed... None of the glow plug adaptors did fit perfectly so I need to find either a new kit with the correct one included or just buy the glow plug adaptor. The problem is that I can't manage to find out what part I need. I have called VW and they can't find that info themself :*
I have read on a lot of places in the forum that people are adviced to "perform a compression test". But to me this was harder than just that, to do...

So, could anyone point me somewhere where I can buy my happiness in form of a glow plug adaptor or how have the rest managed to perform their tests? Left it at a shop to perform it for you? I don't like that option :)

Link to the tester I have:
https://cdon.se/hem-tradgard/vidaxl-kompressionsprovare-for-dieselmotorer-p36504037?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=message_newsletter&utm_campaign=order_confirmation

BR, Jonas
I used an old glow plug and altered it so I could connect a compression gauge

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[
I used an old glow plug and altered it so I could connect a compression gauge
Nice tip! Didn’t think of that, thanks! Might try it.
Still I would guess it shouldn’t be to hard to find a glow plug adaptor that fits without doing modifications. No one ever bought one? I tried calling around today to see if I could rent the adaptor from a shop, no luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts