VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !
Just wanted to introduce myself and my van. I've been looking at doing a vw for years, so this year i sold my M3 and took the plunge. After months and months of searching and researching this 2003 LWB 2.5tdi syncro turned up and fairly local so i snapped it up. Next to no rust, recent belt changes and only a rear wheel bearing to fix all for £3000. Bargain i thought. Got it to local garage to find that not only were the wheel bearings shot but also bearings in rear dif !!! So with the fuel pump timing and turbo issues i was not an instant fan of the T4. But a good mechanic friend and £800 later i have an awesome van and can't wait to kit her out for the summer.
So far she's fully insulated with new deep red hard wearing flooring,
satin black 5 spoke 16" Ronal trendline alloys ,
BF Goorich all terrain tires.
I plan to make the van as a wild camper and offgrid as much as pos. Ideal for those hard to reach places.
Here are a few pics to start, what do you all think?
:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its good to hear 190000 miles is not that high. I must admit she runs a treat, though i haven't done any long trips yet. She was really smokey on start up and very sluggish when i first got her. My mechanic said the main problem was it had various mods done like blanking the exhaust return, high flow air filter and shorter side exit exhaust but they had not adjusted the fuel pump timing to suit. Once that was done with some new vacuum pipes and valve for the turbo it was like a different van, pulls like a train. T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts