VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yesterday my van randomly decided to not rev when i put my foot down and just sat idling, and the glow plug light was flashing, so i removed one of the battery terminals refitted and it was ok.

From reading up it sounds like the throttle position sensor is naffed butt just wanted to check if there could be anything else that caused the problem before i go buy one?

Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help it looks like my ecu isnt attached to anything and is moving about which could well be the problem, i never noticed it loose before.

Can anyone tell me what it should be attached to?

·
Registered
260 Posts
yup, should be a funny bracket thingy T:

I am also going thru this trauma, I have fly by wire!!

...if you find a fix please post always looking for possible solutions A:

·
6,678 Posts
yup, should be a funny bracket thingy T:

I am also going thru this trauma, I have fly by wire!!

...if you find a fix please post always looking for possible solutions A:

Have you replaced or swapped the TPS or TPP yet ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I haven't, testing with a multimeter it seems to be operating okay, I don't want to just swap it out coz new the cost is horrendous for this part :(

·
Registered
260 Posts
okay, I had a bit of a break through tonight I hope this helps other people who experience this, first off I would say don't just replace your TPS, obviously the fault codes are not 100%..............I will try to summarise my findings on testing the TPS but using a multimeter and VCDS I pretty much concluded that the TPS was functioning okay despite the fault code from the ecu......00777

...anyhow, kind of in desperation I just undid the clips that how the wiring loom conduit in place by the gearbox, the bit with the heat sheild on..... slight heads up I was convinced my issue was related to heat and a recent recon gearbox been fitted, and I must have joggled something away from shorting out I guess because now all seems well...and after a 60 mile road test at high speed still not going into limp mode......so I am guess this is a wiring issue.....when I return to the UK I will prob fit another loom.....hope this helps someone T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts