VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iv just had the bigger bosch pp1 injectors fitted intercooler etc all sensors sorted and a rolling road remap
Out come 135 bhp
Van has been to and from on many occasions now i have fault start of injection timing but this was checked on vagcom
New bosch maff as this was suspect
Basically van has a lost alot of power and wont let you go past 80 mph please help

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,978 Posts
88 or 102 to start with?

Fitting the PP1s ( I assume you mean Rake's injectors...) AND a remap should give more than 135 (unless it was done by Puddle Perforators!...sic)

130+ is possible without changing injectors on the 102s....so you should be way over that on an 88 if you have the intercooler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi van is a 88bhp then im sure i had pp1s of rake
van is spending more time going from rolling road then back to garage
iv just bought anouther pump to see if this is the case

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
88 or 102 to start with?

Fitting the PP1s ( I assume you mean Rake's injectors...) AND a remap should give more than 135 (unless it was done by Puddle Perforators!...sic)

130+ is possible without changing injectors on the 102s....so you should be way over that on an 88 if you have the intercooler.
no lots of lag and turbo noise limp at 80

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know what is going on with my van iv followed precedure of getting fault codes sorted van was running great then added bigger injectors
vw ic
decat
egr blank
new bosch maf
so firstly had the 150 bhp injectors init
then vw top mount intercooler
but van then was hard to get timing right hunting up and down
so then i seen someone to get it smother ready for the rolling road map
more complications left garage lots of turbo lagg
so i went back was told maff sensor so i bought a new one
got it on the road again left the garage drove alot better then i realised it goes into limp mode at 80?
now suspect fuel pump so iv got anouther pump coming but im still not convinced this is the issue
any one had this? also one fault code start of injection timing

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
To get help, it's best to supply as much info as possible:

Hi iv just had the bigger bosch pp1 injectors fitted
im sure i had pp1s of rake
Seems to be some doubt? :* when did you buy them - who fitted them ?

so firstly had the 150 bhp injectors init
then vw top mount intercooler
Fitting PP1 injectors in an AJT would given a terrible idle - how was this resolved ? it would have been impossible to set the timing if the idle is not correct.

so then i seen someone to get it smother ready for the rolling road map
Did they hit the top of the pump with a hammer ? (that could answer a few questions..)

130 bhp... Who is doing the mapping & did you get a dyno printout ?? as already said, someone with experience of these vans would know that there is an underlying issue (or maybe not I:).

Do you have a registered copy of VCDS ? every TDI T4 owner should have this.

If you can answer these questions it'll be a lot easier to unravel whats going on fella :ILU:

PS. Start of injection errors such as 17656 and 00550 can be a piston / seals in the pump - it can also happen when the timing is miles out. If it is the pump I would expect smoke - lots of it.

·
6,653 Posts
hobby is bang on - In your shoes I would take it to Nathan at Wagenworx - he will nail it and can map properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not sure if pump was hit
current print out 135 done by south west in car tech
van smokes alot from cold
yes it has fault code 17656 start of injection timing regulation
p1248-35-10 control deviation intermittent
iv bought a replacement pump so il no more tomorrow as this will be done
as iv said last time i left tuners van drove well little bit of lag lots of boost noise
then limp at 80 on motorway
any idea?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To get help, it's best to supply as much info as possible:

Seems to be some doubt? :* when did you buy them - who fitted them ?

Fitting PP1 injectors in an AJT would given a terrible idle - how was this resolved ? it would have been impossible to set the timing if the idle is not correct.

Did they hit the top of the pump with a hammer ? (that could answer a few questions..)

130 bhp... Who is doing the mapping & did you get a dyno printout ?? as already said, someone with experience of these vans would know that there is an underlying issue (or maybe not I:).

Do you have a registered copy of VCDS ? every TDI T4 owner should have this.

If you can answer these questions it'll be a lot easier to unravel whats going on fella :ILU:

PS. Start of injection errors such as 17656 and 00550 can be a piston / seals in the pump - it can also happen when the timing is miles out. If it is the pump I would expect smoke - lots of it.
yes its 17656 error and it smokes alot from cold power isnt smooth in delivery? limp at 80
last time it was in for mot checked on vag com and timing was spot on van also started up nice aswell just smoke from cold a fair bit

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts

·
6,653 Posts
Thats one of the reasons I recommend Nathan and other mappers that have worked with my products.

Get it right first time then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well spot of good news atlast drove it back from garage with replacement pump and it went well drove good smooth power delivery but still needs fine tuning il give nathan a shout :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts