VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2 Amps or 1? Unsure....

444 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jimbo1 
#1 ·
Righty - I currently have a 12" Sub linked with a 400 watt single channel amp. I also have two 8" subs linked to another 400 watt amp. The amp to the two 8 inchers died unexpectedly and unexplainably. Luckily, ladyluck smiled and I was GIVEN a 1000 watt two channel amp.
Now the question.....keep the 400 watt and 12" sub together as they work fine and link the 1000 watt amp to the two 8 inchers OR link all 3 Subs to the 1000 watt amp.

Many thanks in advance mes amigos.:)

#4 ·
'Right - it turns out it's a 4 channel amp. Tried to wire it in and hit problem. There's one rca out on the headunit which I've put splitter cables on to make two outs as I was running 2 amps. Put the two rca's into the front and rear rca slots on the amp, then bridged the 12" on the front connecters and put the two 8" sub wires into the two rear connecters. when turned on all I got was a low pulse and a red light on the amp - so turned it off. Now very confused:*
Could really do with a heads up where I'm going wrong as I have little experience with this kit, but then it didnt really seem that complicated at first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.