VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I have recently bought Barry a t4 2.5tdi. After having a good service and a few other bits and bobs done
I'm now turning my attention to converting Barry to a camper over the winter. I have my first dilemma though
2 rear windows or 4, I know 4 windows would give the rear passengers a better view whilst travelling but I think
it spoils the look of the van. I'd like to know other peoples thoughts on this before I book Barry in for his window fitting.

Here's a pic of Barry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Dude,
Barry looks good as is, but if it was me id go for 2 windows, No 4 windows, No 2 windows arrrggghhhh!!!!! i see your conundrum.
Good luck dude
twoducks

·
Registered
150 Posts
My T25 had all the windows but most of the time I would keep the sun blinds on the back 2 for a bit of privacy - most campsites have the pitches very close to each other. I now have a T4 Caravelle and still have sunblinds on the rear side windows.....:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dude,
Barry looks good as is, but if it was me id go for 2 windows, No 4 windows, No 2 windows arrrggghhhh!!!!! i see your conundrum.
Good luck dude
twoducks
Cheers, yep Barry is a looker that's why I don't want to spoil it. My thinking is Its easier to add than to take away.
Ill get two windows done first live with it for a bit then make my decision.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've got a window van (4 windows) and vision is much better for parking/ over taking but I'm starting to change the inside of mine so if I want to go for the traditional tall cupboard at the rear then I'm going to block one of the windows anyway, depends on what you want to do with the inside I guess, looks wise I personally don't think it makes much difference

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you're going for a full camper then two.

I use mine as an all-round huge estate car so I bought a Caravelle in order to get a full set of windows & all the (removable) seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts