VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think this new layout is total garbage????
"Maybe" it's better for people using a 'phone, but for me....well...it's fooking STUPID!

OLD version showed a list of threads, then the latest posts that hadn't been answered, or the time they had.
This cr*p...you have to look and see WHEN a post came, or when it was updated......WHY?!?!??!

"Posted 3 hours ago....Updated now (or maybe not!!!) "
The previous version "may have been outdated"....but was MUCH easier to navigate.

Guessing some student, just out of college, was hired to "modernify" (sic) the site.
Just dropped from my favourite forum, to possibly below the 2 others that "I don't really like due to attitude".
I'll take attitude any day over poor quality coding!

End of rant....and unless something improves....maybe my last post (Which may please SOME people)!!!

OMG!!!
Was just gonna insert a "Smiley"....HOW MANY?!!??! (And how much SH*TE do we need!?!?)

:mad:

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Maybe" it's better for people using a 'phone, but for me....well...it's fooking STUPID!

OLD version showed a list of threads, then the latest posts that hadn't been answered, or the time they had.
This cr*p...you have to look and see WHEN a post came, or when it was updated......WHY?!?!??!

The previous version "may have been outdated"....but was MUCH easier to navigate.

Guessing some student, just out of college, was hired to "modernify" (sic) the site.
Just dropped from my favourite forum, to possibly below the 2 others that "I don't really like due to attitude".

End of rant....and unless something improves....maybe my last post (Which may please SOME people)!!!

OMG!!!
Was just gonna insert a "Smiley"....HOW MANY?!!??! (And how much SH*TE do we need!?!?)

WHERE THE HELL AS THE EDIT BUTTON GONE???????
IF I CAN'T EDIT, NO POINT SUBSCRIBING......I'LL DE-SUB, AS SOMEONE ELSE HAS ALREADY DONE!

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHERE THE HELL AS THE EDIT BUTTON GONE???????
IF I CAN'T EDIT, NO POINT SUBSCRIBING......I'LL DE-SUB, AS SOMEONE ELSE HAS ALREADY DONE!
NEXT....NOT ONLY CAN'T I EDIT....BUT CAN'T READ PREVIOUS POST WITHOUT HAVING TO "Click to expand"...
Can't understand how a Forum can go from "Class A" to "Class F" overnight (took 2 actually).

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

OMG!!!

Totally agree Gaz. Its pants. It took me ages to get around the old format (i am old) but this is another level. Think im off.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHERE at the top of my post....
I do NOT see an "Edit" button....so I post more and more new post.....
It's GARBAGE!

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
10 seconds ago..posted this .....NO "Edit" function (as far as my poor OLD eyes can see).....

GO BACK.....IT WORKED

OH...sorry, just saw that LITTLE Edit at the TOP!!

Why is it not where it used to be.......

New Edit

At the bottom...where MOST people look/click!

This thing for "Edit Timing Out".....yeah, had that on other forums....only the "Gods" are allowed to rethink what they posted and realise it was cr*p.......the MAIN reason I pay my subscription....I have to go back in the morning in see if I posted something WRONG....not often, not 3 times a day, but mostly ONCE/day I have to Edit!!!

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
10 seconds ago..posted this .....NO "Edit" function (as far as my poor OLD eyes can see).....

GO BACK.....IT WORKED

OH...sorry, just saw that LITTLE Edit at the TOP!!

Why is it not where it used to be.......

New Edit

At the bottom...where MOST people look/click!

This thing for "Edit Timing Out".....yeah, had that on other forums....only the "Gods" are allowed to rethink what they posted and realise it was cr*p.......the MAIN reason I pay my subscription....I have to go back in the morning in see if I posted something WRONG....not often, not 3 times a day, but mostly ONCE/day I have to Edit!!!
With change comes learning....if you can’t cope with change then there is nothing anyone can do. Leave it a week, give constructive feedback and see how it’s responded to. If you bitch and moan then it just gets people’s backs up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The size of the adds on the right are pretty huge... especially when its a victoria secret one and I'm in work haha.
But I'm trying it out to see.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
First reactions: Why all this change ? The T4 Forum was fine as it was .
Im trying to see where my album has gone ; and how I access private messages.
I'll keep looking but these things should be obvious.
Used to be able to see where a member was based or posting from, can't do that now - WHY.
And that was a useful function with international members and different timezones involved.
And where does it tell me whether someone is a paid up member ?
Not happy......

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
First reactions: Why all this change ? The T4 Forum was fine as it was .
Im trying to see where my album has gone ; and how I access private messages.
I'll keep looking but these things should be obvious.
Used to be able to see where a member was based or posting from, can't do that now - WHY.
And that was a useful function with international members and different timezones involved.
And where does it tell me whether someone is a paid up member ?
Not happy......
OK found my album and it seems to be intact - still searching for Private Messages

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
So to access Private messages, do I click on someone's name and then "Start Conversation" ?
PLEASE someone tell me that my previous pm's are still all there . I had a lot of useful stuff in those

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Thanks Turk, found them now and yes, previous pms are all there.
Not exactly intuitive tho, is it.:rolleyes:
Agree, anything is better than FB, but I'm going to take some convincing about these changes.
It maybe that the forum has seen better days but there have been - still are - many dozens of loyal members who still enjoy build threads, are traders on here and having a general browse about T4s. I've been following the Quad headlight project for several years now and have money invested in it with Turk. I'd hate to see unpopular changes and many members leaving causing any halt or loss of interest in that long running thread.
I was about to start a build thread but I have little inclination to post that now unless I know two key things;
1. That the Forum remains popular and
2. That there's a goodly group of T4 enthusiasts who will be reading it .
I'll give it a few more days and see how I get on with the changes

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,456 Posts
No worries Mr V ;)(y)

I couldn't respond in full to the 'Message' you just sent me mate, as somehow you managed to send a message to my 'Profile'!?
I have no idea what that's about, how you even managed to do it, and why I'm restricted to less than 420 Characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mind boggles!

If you need to send me a 'Private Message' Mr V, on this forum it's known as a 'Conversation' :unsure: ( someone will correct me if I'm wrong ).

To answer your query about your long awaited build thread mate .................... First of all, I'd be interested in seeing that :)

From what I've seen in the last couple of days, it's far more easier to upload images on this forum than the previous version. I've been chucking-up photos just about everywhere for a couple of days, and I've not had to edit or even upload my images to an album after having to create an album ................ you simply upload directly from your PC ( or device ).

Answers to 1). and 2). They will be back when they realise there's no alternative to this T4 Forum, unless you do FraceBook of course!

If you need any help Mr V, just 'Conversation' me ;)

TURK

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,038 Posts
That 420 Character limit is because it is a Status Update - something like "sanding those blooming formers again" for example. meant to be "short and snappy" not a historical post.

Maybe my take on some of these things is weighted by the fact I run a forum myself, but I know when the format changes, trying to find the various areas to administer different bits and pieces on a different platform can be very time consuming. My forum has been on three different platforms due to circumstances beyond my control and within the next year, will be changing again. I can spend a fair amount of time finding something that I knew how to do on the old platform but eventually get there. But this is on the admin side, where when it takes time to fix something impacts not just yourself, but maybe the entire forum membership!

Now put that into context if you have a team of people looking after a multitude of forums ... if all those forums were running on different platforms and different software, it would be very hard to manage all those forums properly. moving the various forums onto the same platform means that response to issues, problems and requests can be a lot faster. Yup, it means the members have to get used to a different presentation, but how many members only use forums that are on vBulletin and nothing else? or have used one OS on their computer and never changed or updated? very few I bet :)
Maybe they have updated as Microsoft have moved on as the old OS was no longer up to the job? or the old WP package wasn't? same goes for Forum software.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts