VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been reading the forum a lot these past few days, its great T:. I have read some good threads relating to the questions I am about to ask, but couldn't find the exact answers.

I have a 2003 ACV TDi T4 syncro. It has done 120,000 kms which I believe is about 75,000 miles.

I was going to run Rhino through the engine for a while, just to balance out the ULSD but unfortunately they don't post to Australia, so I'm going back to the idea of trying 2 stroke. Has anyone with a 2.5 TDi tried this or even done it long term? I understand I would probably have to find low ash 2 stroke with this era T4?

Does my van have a dpf, whatever that is? Does it have a catalytic converter?

Any advise appreciated,
Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
ive read on alot of usa forums about the use of mineral two stroke oil to reduce the pump wear caused by ultra low sulphur diesel on older diesel pumps.
have been running a 1.9td now for 4000 miles using about 160ml of mineral (dont use synthetic) low ash two stroke per tank and engine was running quieter after only 60 miles ,with slightly better fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have been using 2 stroke oil in my van for the last few tanks. Don't know about fuel economy but engine is definitely running quieter. I also have a Syncro ACV with around 128,000km. Your van will have a catalytic converter but not a particle filter.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Since running 2 stroke oil in my 2.5 AJT TDI it is slightly quieter and passes the MOT on the first smoke test (fast pass I think it's called), previously it would require 2 or 3 tests the clean up the exhaust smoke.:ILU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts