VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

My question is, has anyone fitted 20" rims to their t4 and if so did they lower at all? How safe is it to lower without arch rubbing?

Am I better going for 18" and if so same question how far can I lower without rubbing arches ?

Thanks for the replies in advance !

PS: having the van built and pick it up Saturday woop woop !A:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
theres someone on here that's run 22" holstens :eek: with the roads in the uk id go for 18s. I run 16s an they aint comfy, but then I aint got no suspension. all depends wether you want comfort or style :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi I'm running 20's with tyres 275/35/20 yes 9.5 j the rid is better then the 18s merc alloys when I brought the van the pics are on here some where :*

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi I'm running 20's with tyres 275/35/20 yes 9.5 j the rid is better then the 18s merc alloys when I brought the van the pics are on here some where :*
Really...35 series tyres on 20" alloys are more comfy on a 2 ton van than 18's? I: :*

Only someone in Norfolk could claim that....and not actually drive their van.....

Oh and take a look below... T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Really...35 series tyres on 20" alloys are more comfy on a 2 ton van than 18's? I: :*

Only someone in Norfolk could claim that....and not actually drive their van.....

Oh and take a look below... T:
Come again?!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Maybe the tyres are wider than mine so they go over the potholes rather than in em?

It could be the case lads. I found that once. Nothing to do with rim diameter but width of tyre.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I know the low profile says "crashbangwhollop" but I have found this before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts