VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1081 - 1087 of 1087 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great stuff , Im thinking about fitting 20" but is the 'ride' compromised? anyone feel the need to have a full steering geometry after fitted this size wheel as these size wheels/tyres were never authenticated by VW........also the VW's I've looked at not one person has a 20" spare wheel?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Great stuff , Im thinking about fitting 20" but is the 'ride' compromised? anyone feel the need to have a full steering geometry after fitted this size wheel as these size wheels/tyres were never authenticated by VW........also the VW's I've looked at not one person has a 20" spare wheel?

Ride is a bit harsher and road noise increased for me. Most garages can do a full geometry alignment these days for about 75

I have a std spare wheel and bolts.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
As long as you retain the same rolling radius as the stock set up youre best to have a standard steelie underneath so that nobody pinches it.
Having your geometry set up or at least checked is never a bad thing especially if youre spending a few quid on wheels and tyres .

·
Registered
43 Posts
[/QUOTE
I'm got mine running on 20s with 275/40/20 tyres and I've not noticed any difference apart from a little more road noise but nothing to worry about I have 20inch spare wheel but nowhere to put it so any suggestions where to put or if it could be put underneath some how

1081 - 1087 of 1087 Posts