VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've just purchased a set of 20" Calibre Exile wheels for my T5, not new, but really great condition.

I have a quick question around the fitting of them, firstly, do I need to change the standard nuts/bolts from the steel wheels to a tapered version to fit?

Secondly, the tyres, the van is being made into a camper, and the tyres that are on there are 255/35/r20 97w, from the reading I've done, these will be rather a harsh ride? Also is anyone else out there running the same size tyres?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
the tyres that are on there are 255/35/r20 97w, from the reading I've done, these will be rather a harsh ride? Also is anyone else out there running the same size tyres?

Thanks

Chris

I don't know about harsh, but unless you have a T26, they wont be legal on the load rating.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why not just get a different tyre size, say 245/40/20? Won't affect the rolling radius greatly and they offer 775KG per corner on a 99 load rating. Slightly comfier ride because of the higher sidewalls but minimal impact on appearance.

Prices start from £68 (for Acceleras) and go north from there.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't serious about the scrap man :D

Im currently looking at alternative tyre setups, and Looking at TamarWheels, for the T30, needs to be a 101 rated tyre.

I'll post my results up when I reach a decision over what rubber to coat them in :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Call and pay £895 by debit card 01752343280

20" riva dtm alloy wheels

4 brand new wheels 20x9.5

pcd 5x120, et48,

gloss black finish

comes with free fitting kit

fitted and balanced with budget 275/40/20 106xl tyres,

vw t5 fitment all models and years,

load rating 950kg each,

find us on facebook @ tamar wheels

call 07793590038 for more info or other tyre packages

Taken from the eBay ad

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got 275x35's on mine. Not a harsh ride at all. May go to 275x40's when I change just to give maybe an even better ride

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't know about harsh, but unless you have a T26, they wont be legal on the load rating.

:)
I'm new to VW so pardon my questions is it the tyre that's not load rated enough or wheels as I'm buying some of these on Saturday for my T30 and don't want to waste my money
Thanks

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Hey Mark,

I've two which are OK, about 3 or 4mm left, and two which are ok, apart from scrubbed on the inner shoulders. I'm taking them off the rims this weekend.

i can get you some pictures if you're interested?
If you could mate please. T:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts