VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there can any one help me I’m looking to get 20” wheels for my crater any info or pics please many thanks :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
lenso conserto's are available in 20" in my opinion they are the only half decent set available :( adaptor plates aint an option either as nobody can do any iv asked dozens of companies. hope this helps T:

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
As Qucksilver-Ash says: there's few wheels made out there, for the Crafter. We're properly in to the van load weight utilitarian section now. None of those pesky little van type cars T4/T5's! lol

I found a European co with a black van on 20's i think - but cant find the link. I'll have a look later, and see if I can find it. But it would have needed lowering to look right IMHO, and with cart springs not that easy to do possibly.

18" wheels I think look much larger than the 2 inches they are over the 16's, and big tyre'ing on 16's like I've done, fills the arch well.

Can you find tyres that are up to the job of the weight/law/MOT, etc that don't require a re-mortgage...

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
The PHAT tyre section is growing now Jimbo. Have to start a new section for us soon. The rubber band brigade just dont get it. Looking at an LT and maybe "re-style" the front..... Just a thought at the mo as liking the fixed interior and space .

·
Registered
446 Posts
vwod,

In case you are still in the market for 20" on a Crafter then i can confirm thaht Lenso Concerto are suitable for the Crafter/Sprinter.
Check Tyresave.co.uk for info, not cheap but they look fab and they don't feel to bad at all on the road either, I think the wheels are imported from the USA and drilled in UK to suit what you want. Wheels are in the weight restriction the tyres are just about, i wouldnt carry any heavy loads though!

I used to have a T4 and then a T5 but changed (last year) to a Sprinter (sorry i know it's a merc, but i couldn't find a Crafter in the spec i was looking for), basically so much more space than T5, okay a pain maybe sometime to park but overall no regrets
I will try to add a pics to show you the van with the Lenso wheels on!m personaly i think they look fab! hopefully it will give you an idea of how it will look on the crafter which apart from the front and the rear lights looks the same!
Cheers
Exo

·
Registered
446 Posts
et voila

Actually received the wheels before i bought the van so the first mod was changing the wheels!

Since that a lot more has happened, and still a lot more is going to happen. I now have a rear window, 2 captain seats at the front, with a swivell on the passenger (from a T5 caravelle one actually) a reversing camera (I would recomend it for parking), a permanent garrage for windsurfing/surfing/Sup toys and permanent double bed on top, 2 roof windows and 2 small slidding windows on each side of the rear top of the van, so i can see the sea when i lay down in the bed (probably my favourit addition so far), and a rear double Rock n'r roll seat/bed from smart beds, fitted just in front the double bed so we can sleep four...I know so much space to play with. Currently planning gas, water elec positioning/tanks etc, then will be looking at bespoke units, kitchen stuff etc (it's not cheap but it's going to be what i want for sure)!
Any way it gives you an idea of the van with 20" alloy wheels!

Exo

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Exo.
Thanks for all your infoT: Great looking wheels & as for the bedroom side windows A:

·
Registered
229 Posts
any pictures of the inside layout of the van please ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts