VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afternoon all,

My 1998 T4 1.9TD is nearing the 200,000 miles mark :eek: It has been owned by the same guy since new so i'm only the second owner. He had it serviced on the dot everytime and has had lots done in the past. It runs really well with only a puff of smoke on start up in the morning. My question is should I be looking out for anything at this millage or changing any particular parts even if they're ok at the moment? :* I'm changing a couple of hoses next week that have seen better days but apart from that she seems pretty sweet. Any advice would be great.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Good news there then T:
one of our 1.9td has done the same milage, we just change the oil, oil filter and get everything changed as should be really.
Its still on its first clutch to :eek:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mines done 249,000, just get everything changed when it should be, I just suffered a blocked Radiator, so I would recommend you change the coolant and flush the system through if its never been done, one thing I didn't do!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Should you be looking out for anything? A camera and take a pic, (not at speed), of the 200,000 mark. Next congratulate yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts