VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've reached a cross-roads for our Caravelle, all brought on by having a flat tyre would you believe :rolleyes:

Bought a couple of years ago with 140k on the clock.
We had it serviced by VW including Cambelt, waterpump etc.

It is 2.5tdi and is just about to hit 160k.

We have swapped the interior (well the seats at least) for multivan ones although we have't had the buddy seat brackets welded in yet.

We love the bus and dayvan set up but realise we should probably spend a bit of time and money to bring it up to scratch.

It is sitting on 18" audi style wheels ... one with a flat! There's a 2-3mm left on all tyres so not quite up for changing but as the wheels are a little scuffed and the ride can be a little harsh we are thinking it may be worth getting 15" or 16" wheels and higher profile tyres ... £650+ (for reasonable brand tyre package)

Also the passenger door has a dent in the lower half so needs some prep and paint.
The front cills, front bumper and windscreen pillars could do with rubbing down and painting too ...

Remote central locking has just stopped working and it only came with one key ...

Currently still has Caravelle carpet which ideally needs replacing with ply and vinyl ...

... anyway you can see we either bite the bullet and find the cash or consider letting someone else take the 'Velle on its next adventure.

With genuine late RHD multivans advertising at £9k if not £10k plus
what is our hybrid, in need of a bit of time and money, likely to worth?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Martin

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
I'm not to sure of value and pics would help, but condition and mileage would be the main indicator of value for me as I rather have a good Caravelle than a mediocre Multivan (condition wise that is) :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

Some pics... (not entirely current pics but something to look at for now :) )

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
In current condition as you describe it and given the photos I'd plump for between 4 and 5K, basically closer to 4K with the condition as is, but of course only a guestimate :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In current condition as you describe it and given the photos I'd plump for between 4 and 5K, basically closer to 4K with the condition as is, but of course only a guestimate :)
Thanks. All helps with deciding what to do.

Actually looking through the pics from trips and stuff reinforces what we love about it :)
Will have to do some sums ...

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Thanks. All helps with deciding what to do.

Actually looking through the pics from trips and stuff reinforces what we love about it :)
Will have to do some sums ...
That's how I look at it, and I don't reckon it'll go down in value either.. Got to be worth spending a few quid on what looks a good bus.

Also I don't think the values of anything are that strong at the moment, :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts