VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returned on Saturday from a week long epic drive round europe in our van!

30 miles under 2000 miles by the end of it! T4 went without a fault, no problems or difficulities :) Had it remapped a week before we went and got to enjoy the 138Bhp it now has!

Route was:

Bristol - Ypres (Belgium) - Strasbourg (France) - Augsburg (Germany) - Munich (Germany) - Kutna Hora (Czech Republic) - Colgogne (Germany) - Brugee (Belgium) - Back to Bristol!

Went to the Oktoberfest in Munich, so much fun and amazing beer! Well worth the trip, got to see so much more doing it driving rather than flying.

For all interested, with a fully loaded van (4 adults + camping stuff) over the 2000 miles of mainly motorway travelling 70-75 most of the time I achieved 36-37mpg which I was fairly happy with :)

Well happy with our T4 for making the journey comfortable and fun. It was worth all the effort up to now to cap it off with a tour around europe :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
They are unbeatable for stuff like that! I just drove a 2.4 to Southern Morocco and back from Cornwall, loaded with motorbikes and race kit... didnt check mpg, but it was a pleasure to do the trip in, 5200 miles in 2 weeks! The van did chuck oil out from behind the cambelt though... supposed "trader" that sold me the van said he changed everything in a full service, so now its all being redone and degreased from the 10litres of oil i poured through it!!!

Would still do it all again tomorrow tho! T4 life... gotta love it! :ILU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts