VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a van in my sights and wondering what is worth to make an offer. Its a super clean LWB 2002 with 2.5 tdi engine. It is a mobility conversion with the small windows, also has either a ramp or a lift but unsure and a rail system in the floor. Has only 30k legit miles on the clock. just used for shopping trips from what i can gather. Body work and interior is immaculate as you would expect from so little use.

So.... the golden question, whats it worth??

Thanks in advance

Josh

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers lachlan13. Gives me something to go by.

Finding it quite hard to find anything to compare it to, I've never seen a t4 with so few miles on. It's actually a 2003 which I doubt would make a huge amount of difference.

Anyone else got any experience in buying/selling super low milers?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Although low mileage would seem to be good I would be worried if it is a diesel with such low mileage especially since it sounds like it has only done short trips. A diesel engine is not going to like doing short trips were it does not get warm. So the low mileage could be good news for some elements of the van it may not be such good news for engine etc. Hence I would check it over just in case there is some issues there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a 99v reg kombi it has done 20k from new have been driving it for few weeks now drives like new very smooth no issues did change cambelt..undergoing camper conversion at present..have had very low mileage before never any issues..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to see the van today to give it a once over and a test drive. He lives in a village about 15-20 miles from the main town and supermarkets etc so the short trips are not really that short, but Interesting point. I know turbos don't do well on shorter runs.

May take some pics and put them up here later.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been to have nosey. Very good body work, tiny ding on the tailgate that my dent man should be able to take care of. No rust at all and original paint. 31k on the clock, sticker under bonnet saying timing belt done at 25k but still waiting to see service history. Is/was an 888 special so has electric windows but oddly no central locking?? I thought that was standard on ten 888's but unsure, all I have to go by is a sticker on re bonnet which I assume was from the conversion company that fitted the accessabilty bits.

Conversion wise, it has 4 unwin floor rails and one seat that clamping into them and a ramp that folds into three pieces. Pondering whether I can Make use of the rails intoy conversion. Has anyone ever sold any accessible parts like the rails and ramp etc, if so what's it worth??

Anyway we have agreed a sale in principle, just gotta do the checks and pay the deposit. . Just waiting for the log book to come back to get it over to me. Thanks for all your help.

Josh

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
sounds a good buy don't buy without v5 or at least the v5c/2 newkeepers part you need that to tax it..do hpi check don't risk without it as many as 1 in 3 have issues.. only use genuine hpi company the cheap searches don't do log book loans ect..keep us informed ..how it goes as for the motobility fitting we allways keep ours but many sell on ebay check there for prices..also the ramp think I got £150 for the last one we sold.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Made a commitment and bagged the van. Agreed on 4k which I was happy with and have them a small deposit until the V5 come back in the life's name so should be on my drive within a he next week or two. Already purchased a leather and alcantara full caravelle set up from a T5 for the rear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was pleased with the price, wouldn't want to pay any more for a 13 year old van, scene tax or not. But I'm confident I've managed to get my hands on one of the last few genuinely clean ones out there. Here she is:

Going to replace those funny little windows, get a set of nice banded steels, bit of back to black on the bumpers and the obligatory lowering springs. don't want to go too bling on the outside and want the clean original look to show.

I have seen a few T5 to T4 caravelle conversions on here and they look very factory but with that added bit of luxury that you don't get on factory T4's. I bagged myself a brand spanking 2015 full set in anthracite leather and alcantara with rear folding bench seat/bed (like the t4 multivan), insulated floor with rails, 2 middle captain swivel seats and that funky table thingy. The kit come with some other bits like a side step etc that I will sell on. All told interior owes me 2795. I'm hoping it will look something like this but with windows all round:

I love the idea of that set up and even considered getting a T5 just to have it! LOL: I can have the seats in pretty much any layout for 7 passengers or camping or have an empty van within a few minutes when needed.

I have gone in feet first with the interior. I have seen it done on here, but not really thought about the fitting process any more than that. As i have all the seats and the floor that the rails sit in, I'm hoping I should be able to make sure all rails are aligned properly. :*

was a bit lazy documenting the work on my last bus, so might do a decent build thread for this....... Watch this space..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts