Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me clear something up?
Is my 03 2.5 130 T30 gear driven?
I have contacted my local vw dealer and they
Think it is!? I still need confincing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hello every one ive just bought a t5 56 plate t30 130 2.5 its done 85000 miles had a service at 70000 miles if there is no cam belt to be done what can i expect to do when the service lite comes up next thanks steve

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
QUOTE=Peter Heather;1228168]Can anyone help me clear something up?
Is my 03 2.5 130 T30 gear driven?
I have contacted my local vw dealer and they
Think it is!? I still need confincing.[/QUOTE]

They should have all the information if you quote your reg or chassis no - anyway, as others have confirmed it's gear driven.

hello every one ive just bought a t5 56 plate t30 130 2.5 its done 85000 miles had a service at 70000 miles if there is no cam belt to be done what can i expect to do when the service lite comes up next thanks steve
When it gets to around 100,000m get the gates Couplings replaced. (They driver the alternator, power steering pump & the air con compressor.)

·
Registered
64 Posts
core that was quick up from thanet! thanks for that how much do u think that will set me back and do vw know it will need one when i take it in thanks steve

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
core that was quick up from thanet! thanks for that how much do u think that will set me back and do vw know it will need one when i take it in thanks steve
We don't all have straw behind our ears in "Plannit Fannit" you know LOL !

Get a quote from your VW dealer (JCB Medway are not too far away from you) & also an independant - there must be some up in Medway that other members could recommend.

I had mine done sometime ago, but it was with some other work as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts