1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a bit of searching I cannot find the info or anyone else's project

I have a T5 2005 LWB AXB

Cruise but no electric Windows or MFSW.

I am retrofitting RNS510DAB plus Bluetooth.

I have bought and test fitted all the dash upgrade parts

My DAB rns510 is on route.

My OCD is for factory retrofits, wiring etc, I know I won't see it but what can I say I'm a perfectionist ?

My existing radio is the cassette deck from 1850! Lol

I have the SOT style connectors and I'd like to remove these and install an ISO if the terminals them selves are the same, but I don't currently have Bluetooth, so no loom.

If I could get a loom which had SOT recepticals (male) on one side to ISO (female) on the other with the Bluetooth loom coming off that, I could live with that, and it would of course give me the removal option later...

So the above in mind, I have the windscreen aerial single point at the moment. What did VW fit as standard for satnav, dab, am/fm, and phone aerials on the pre-facelift T5? Or even the facelift if it can be achieved with full wing mirror electric Windows retrofit.

Thanks

Martyn

I have Genuine ROSS TECH VCDS if anyone needs help closet to Watford...

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
Isn't there battery drain issues with an RNS510 in a pre 2008 I seem to think I've heard.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
The issue is to get the radio to switch on correctly, as the RNS uses CanBus, there used a be a couple companies selling CanBus interfaces, but never seen one, and I did hear of issues....
Just wiring so you switch on/off manually will results in battery drain issues and it will switch it self off every 20 mins or so

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys.

Apparently there is battery drain issues, two solutions I'm told, new canbus module or a firmware update on the RNS.

I thought I'd asked on another thread about the CAN location on a pre 2006 T5 but the thread seems to be missing oops! I know post 2006 it's in the clocks, which is a consideration because I want to do the Lowline to Highline dash pod retrofit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts