VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to sell my Caravelle. We bought this with the intention of keeping it for a long time and have invested a lot of money to address any upcoming issues. However, it's going to get ruined with the upcoming things I need to do with it. I have just listed it on the bay of fleas, and will copy the text below and add the link. If you need any further info, or photos, drop me a pm here or via Ebay.
I'd also be receptive for any constructive feedback regarding pricing and the advert, if you think there is anything pertinent that I have omitted, then let me know.
Thanks for looking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261305673132

VW Caravelle 130 SE 2005 6sp

Interior
7 seat genuine Caravelle layout. 2 captains chairs in the front (non swivel) 2 captains seats in row 2. 3 seat bench in row 3.The whole layout is on the VW rail system, meaning the interior can be configured to your liking, from a 7 seat MPV, to an office, to a bed,to an empty van. All rear seating has under seat storage cubbys. It also has the genuine VW table fitted. Aircraft style roof ventilation and lighting. Additional rear heater.Enough cupholders to keep everyone happy! Factory tie down points. I would consider the interior to be good. It would benefit from a good valet, but it is perfectly acceptable as is.

Exterior
Silver metallic paint with colour coded bumpers, heated mirrors and door handles. Bumpers have minor scuffs (see photos) and the bodywork is generally good, with the odd minor ding and chip. There is no corrosion that I can see. Factory light tinted glass. Twin sliding doors. Fitted with 19” wheels and tyres both of which are correctly load rated and locking wheel bolts. Genuine Westfalia removable tow bar with standard tow socket. I’ve used this twice in 2 years!

Mechanical
Engine replaced at 199,000 with a 60k AXD engine. We inspected the new engine with a bore scope through the glowplug holes to check for bore wear, and removed the cam cover prior to purchase, to prove the provenance of the replacement engine. New engine was fitted, along with brand new LUK dual mass flywheel,clutch, slave cylinder and release bearing. Engine runs beautifully, gearbox shifts as it should, no noises, knocks or bangs.

Service History
Prior to me buying the vehicle, there is very limited service history. Various receipts for the odd oil changes and various smaller items that have been replaced. (MAF,boost pipes,etc etc) Since I have had the vehicle, I have documented everything. Many of these replacements were pre-emptive to prevent issues arising in the future.
It has had.
Replacement Engine
3x oil filter changes, using the correct Quantum Longlife VW 506.01 grade oil for the AXD engine.
Clutch,DMF,release bearing and slave cylinder. (OEM LUK)
Driveshaft and genuine stub shaft.
Water pump
Glow plugs/water temp sensor/relay
Injector seals/injector loom
In take lift pump
Genuine starter motor
ARB bushes/trailing arm bushes.
Brembo discs and EBC pads
Recent new load rated tyres.
New genuine VW Caravelle headlights
Terraclean fuel system treatment (Google it!)

Enhancements
19” Satin Black load rated alloys and 245/45/19 load rated tyres
Pendle Performance Remap (175bhp/420nm torque)
Forge front mount intercooler K&N washable air filter EGR blank

Economy
This vehicle averages 36 mpg. On a run it will return 40 mpg at 70 mph. The Pendle remap ensures it always has plenty left in reserve, and 6th gear is now a useable gear, and between here are Scotland, you'll rarely take it out of top.

Feel free to email me with any questions or if you need any further images. Ideally, come and have a look at it, I've been as honest as I possibly can, and will answer any further questions accordingly. I don't want to waste your time OR mine.

TEST DRIVING
I am happy to take any genuine buyers for a test drive. I will allow you a test drive, providing you can prove to me that you are insured comprehensively. This will involve us calling your insurance to verify. Third party only will not get you a test drive. If that offends you, then you are not the buyer I need, those that understand, know why.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts