VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just bought a 2007 T5 shuttle but the cruise control doesn't working. I've check the clutch switch and the brake switch and both seem ok. to give me a clue to see what is going on can someone tell me if the CCS indicator should light as soom as you switch on the switch on the indicator stem or does it only come on when you are up to speed and then press the rocker switch down. Also has anyone got any experience with the Elsawin manuals. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The light wont come on until cruise control is activated & in use T:

You need VCDS or similar to check the CC switch is working in measuring blocks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You would need VCDS to check the switch functions

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That's just a basic code reader...You would need VCDS or similar to check switch functions T:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We wouldnt know if the VCDS clone cables work or not as we use Genuine Ross-Tech Equipment T:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
The cruise control light will come on when the cruise function is switched 'ON', regardless of whether it's engaged or not on some vehicle years. 2005 year vehicles work this way.
Not sure exactly what year it changed so that the light only comes on when it's engaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so I've found what seems to be a fault with the signals to and from the stem. From the current flow diagram there should be a connection that leaves the stem on T41/26 and should return on T41/29 via B441 (connection CCS in main wiring harness) but it doesn't. The question is where is B441.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ok, so I've found what seems to be a fault with the signals to and from the stem. From the current flow diagram there should be a connection that leaves the stem on T41/26 and should return on T41/29 via B441 (connection CCS in main wiring harness) but it doesn't. The question is where is B441.

Many thanks
See your new post, "CCS Connection B441" post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, I now have VCDS 12.12 and have done a full scan. Can anyone tell me how to check to see if the cruise control is enabled, and how to check if the switch is working.

#thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeeaaahhhhh it works, it works. How pleased am I. Thanks for your help. So basically the wire that goes from the CCS on/off switch to B441 has a break somewhere and this give the fault "implausible signal" because this signal should go to J519 - Onboard supply control unit and to J623 - Engine control unit and back to the CCS on/off switch. I'm guessing that when the system see that there is an error that it disable the CCS and this is why it didn't work when I made a cunning bypass of the broken wire. So using VCDS I re-enabled the CCS and POW job done. All I have to do now is put the dash board back together. If anyone else has this fault you can fix it by linking 2 wires on the CCS switch circuit board (i'll post detail tomorrow when I've done it properly and not with a bit of tin foil). (This doesn't affect the safety of the system it literally bypasses the break.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Result then !!T:

Not saying this is a common fault, but I've had a van round with that same fault, the track was broken in the stalk switch. You do need VCDS though for fault finding !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts