VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I have a 57 plate VW Crafter which I brought a couple of years ago and failed MOT on emissions. I have changed the intercooler and had full service but still blowing out masses clouds of smoke on revs and idle. I have driven on trade plates and tried to regen the DPF at 70mph at 3000rmp for an hour. Smoke cleared and thought I had sorted it and was great on return. However 10 mins later on idle was back to how it was before. Anyone had anything like this? Fault codes are as picture. Thanks MrRaw
59AA3338-AFF0-4078-9A4C-1F147889A5EA.jpeg

·
Registered
40 Posts
i feel your pain i am currently going through this with mine ..exact same symptoms as yours ..
this is what ihave done
the dpf has had the insides taken out when i bought it
i have had
the dpf has been fully mapped out
egr blanked off
egr mapped out
all sensors associated with the dpf egr set in the map to fixed rates so it thinks they are there and reading within the allowed parameters
had a terra clean done
still smoking
so did a leak off test that showed injector 2 and 4 returning about 4 times as much fuel than the other 3 so ordered up 2 new injectors
fitted them .....halved the smoke on idle but still not enough to pass an mot
did another leak test and now all returning the same amount of fuel
but still smokes ihave ordered 3 more injectors hopefully that will cure it
if not i am going to burn it to the ground haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
The maf sensor would be the first place I would start, check connections are clean and secure. If you can, check it's getting power. Try unplugging the maf sensor and see how it runs.
Smoke problems are down to fuel /air mix being wrong and the nox issue is a result of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts