VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I have searched here and google but cant find the location anywhere for the bleed screw on the collant system for a 2.5 TDI 2008 T30 Van.

Can anyone tell me. Its not on the 2 radiator pipes which go into the bulkhead at the back of the engine compartment.

many thanks

·
Registered
896 Posts
Don't remember seeing one on mine.

leave the expansion bottle top off, set you heaters to hot as far as it will go then just run the engine till the top pipe
and bottom pipes are warm to hot so you know the water is circulating. keep checking water level and top up if required.

don't let it get too hot or the water will start to boil and bubble out the bottle.

A gentle rev once or twice may help circulate the water better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wowzers. thanks for the tip. Ive never seen a car without a bleed point. I can get some air out by squeezing various pipes but Im sure theres air still in there. Ill try again tommorrow and do what you say. thx.

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
Morning all,:)

On the subject of water/antifreeze, may I ask?
What antifreeze do I get for my '30 2006 2.5 TDI':confused:

somewhere around then some types were red/orange organic acid stuff (that's specified for my MGF, they don't mix and go sludgy if you try, no I never)?

thanks for help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a G12 or g12 and greater. If you put in VW and G12 and coolant on ebay you will find good sellers selling 1.5 litres of concentrate for about 10 pounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts