VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, it's late, I'm confused - I've been googling all evening and I've just registered and hope you'll be able to clear my head and give me a straight-forward answer with no contradictions. Here's the question/s - Engine oil and filter change, 2nd service on longlife regime, 96kW TD1 oil spec (VW 506 01 or 507 01 -DPF dependent) my vw van centre just put 7.5lt of 5w40 grade in it today. This does not seem right to me - seen mention of accelerated camshaft wear especially. Need a definitive expert out there please.

2009. 2.5 T5 TDI T32 - think it/ they all have DPF? - and there is no different oil spec for Time and Distance service intervals?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GDAS. All resolved now with full oil change plus new filter using Castrol Edge long life 3 ie. 5w30 - which conforms to 507.01 oil spec in handbook. VW vans customer service intervened and assisted the vw vancentre on my behalf all FOC. I cannot recommend them enough for their supportive role. Also Castrol technical very helpful as were many other VW service centres I contacted. It seems that from 2006 all such VW 2.5ltr diesel engines cannot use 5w40 without increased risk of camshaft wear. Somewhat surprised a little take up on my thread - tried search first but not found - clearly engine oil isn't just oil it's fundamental.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts