VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 shows and events.

Hi guys, thought I would start a new thread focused around this years events.

Just a idea given to me by Dragondub about putting 'pen to paper' and listing all the VW events and non-VW events you plan to go to this year and perhaps putting the pro's of this event by the side. If you find someone else from your area is going as well then perhaps you could meet up and go up in convoy style there! T:

Lets start the ball rolling:

Dubs in the castle, Caldicot. ----- Local show for myself and been for the last 3 years, always a good outing.

T4 Forum Bash, Beaulieu motor museum. ------ Went in 2009, the first T4 bash, excellent time, camping and entry to the museum in with the cost.

VW Action, Santa Pod. ------ Been the last 2 years and hasn't failed to disappoint, brilliant weekend with loads to do.

Dragondub made me do it!! :D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Don't mention dubs at the castle.
Went there last year on the Sunday. Drove in paid entry fee. No sooner had i paid them some guy told them to drop the entry fee to a fiver after i just paid full price. The b******s. :eek:
I thought o.k. bite your tongue and just enjoy it anyway. All looked good, marshalls guiding the vans along through the grounds. Guided us right back out the grounds, back onto the main road and told us to park in the car park on the industrial estate.
So much for dubs at the castle. All the dubs was in the industrial estate car park.
Save your money next time just look around the industrial estate. There were some lovely vans up there compared to in the grounds.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmm a list of dates for the year Now theres a good idea nice one novo what date is the beaulieu t4 weekend lol A:

Here are some the dates we have thought of doing, The ones in red are what we are planning to attend...

22 -24th April Lazy lobbs : a nice site laid back weekend good surfing beach board hire etc nice village pubs etc in braunton Devon usually around 500 plus vans attend can be a bit cold in the evening

28th-30th May Plymouth Volksfest: big Vw and music festival not done this one before but here its a good for glastonbury big G and laura types

10th-12th June Bristol Van fest: weve never been but apperently this is huge

8th-10th July Camperjam Telford: VW camper magazine's own show looks a great family event and huge numbers attend

22nd-24th July Dubs at the castle: great weekend lots of stalls good music Be good to get our own plot again.

5th-7th August Dubstock Hereford: we like the sound of this one , small no frills good familly Weekend probably less than 200 people no hookups but we could have a good presence there being as it is close to home. and only £6 for the whole weeked2nd-4th September VW action Santa Pod: to big for us buts its a good venue

2nd 4th September Sant pod VW action: big with lots to do probably one of the best runs of the year if you like lots of action
9th 11th September Vanfest Malvern: Never been but looks good

7th-9th Oktoberfest Chedder: We thought this was the best one we did last year great bmx track, Halloween theme fancy dress etc weather in october is risky but we were luckylast year also had a free trip to a ciderfarm on a 1940s bus, good times

So come on peeps lets get out there and enjoy the scene after all most of us need to justify why have these vans LOL:

PS my gold T4 is on Ebay so hopefully we will soon be out in the new one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts