VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 biturbo dsg high idle speed,just got this and love it but the high tick over is a bit annoying around 900-1000 so the van is trying to pull away Every time you stop,I was told by the previous owner that it has had a egr delete,does anyone know whether this could cause the idle problem or any ideas towards a solution?
Many thanks.
Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the revs pick up when it goes into regeneration mode..........maybe something good to do with that.....just a guess tbh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that but presumed it would have had the dpf delete at the same time but I'm just guessing now.
Cheers

·
Special Rapporteur
9,380 Posts
If it's had the EGR removed but the DPF is still there, you are almost certainly going to have problems in future. Your best bet is to find out who did the work and ask them what they did, if the previous owner can't tell you exactly what was done.

BTW - the 2 litre engine does have a fairly high idle normally (850RPM, I think), and a DSG ~will~ try to pull away every time you stop, unless you plant your foot firmly on the footbrake. You must not use the handbrake when stopped in gear, or you will put undue wear on the first/third/fifth/seventh gear clutch, as it will constantly be trying to pull away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers I will ask the dpf question to the mechanic,when they say deleted do they mean totally taken off the car or just deleted on the ecu?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts