VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told earlier today that I could wait for a new 2014 model (late June) rather than taking from current showroom stock for my new T5. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows of any worthwhile changes coming with it?

Thanks,
Cobull

·
Registered
137 Posts
Definitely No V6 TDI (Current Gearbox series in T5 cant handle the torque(Note for tuners!), Vw excuse).. You may get 1.4TSI or 2.0TSI(150bhp already available in EU, 210hp version has been avail from start).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Let me just add, if you really wanna wait, wait till 2015 when the all new t6 arrives... thats the reall game changer.. leave the current crop alone...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Did read on here that 2015 will just be another facelift of sorts :* Do hope that is wrong as in 2015 anything other than a proper new model would be copping out even if the current financial climate isn't great.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hope the new t6 panel van will have electrical motor and to be able to do a min of 200 miles between charges at speed of 60-65 miles/h or up to 5-6h city drive

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I hope the new t6 panel van will have electrical motor and to be able to do a min of 200 miles between charges at speed of 60-65 miles/h or up to 5-6h city drive
You should have come to the conference I was at today in Coventry. Basically, for commercial vehicles they reckon hybrid will be the last technology in the current crop you'll see. They'll have "steam engines" using the heat of the exhaust before hybrid, but for the near future they'll just keep boosting harder on smaller engines, with loads of EGR and complex DPFs and catalysts. A petrol TFSI may become more efficient than a TDI soon too.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If they really go advanced they may even be able to design a gear train that don't fall to bits after 50,000 miles, you know like they did with all the other vw"s of old when they were built to ####in last!!,!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Everything is build to last not as long , if they did put the effort then the iconomy will go down the hill ....
The quality of build is shocking .....
I am a plumber and have worked on a new build houses ..... must tell you I will be surprised if they last more then 50 years before a need of a rebuild

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Everything is build to last not as long , if they did put the effort then the iconomy will go down the hill ....
The quality of build is shocking .....
I am a plumber and have worked on a new build houses ..... must tell you I will be surprised if they last more then 50 years before a need of a rebuild
houses have been like that for the last 20 odd years . stickers warning owners not to have more than 10 people in any upstairs room . stickers on the staircases saying do not nail anything to this , just screw !!!!!
latest T5.1 the same , very little paint inside , none at all in engine bay :eek: . surprised we still have brakes to be fair ! who knows what they are going to skimp on next LOL:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My advice is not to touch anything hybrid especiall from vw (german dont do electronics well) wait until its well established unless you like to be an early adoptor with loads of cash to burn. I will rather go 1.4tdi small engine since the new T6 would be up to 40% lighter hurray at last.. and length from 455cm. What else do you want.. this is caddy golf replacement van... with T5 width Haaaa

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My advice is not to touch anything hybrid especiall from vw (german dont do electronics well) wait until its well established unless you like to be an early adoptor with loads of cash to burn. I will rather go 1.4tdi small engine since the new T6 would be up to 40% lighter hurray at last.. and length from 455cm. What else do you want.. this is caddy golf replacement van... with T5 width Haaaa
I ordered a CNG Caddy when they first came out but luckily VW bought it back
A dealer West of here also ordered one and was stuck with it for 2 years.
The nearest place to fill up was MILTON KEYNES LOL:

A plumber bought it who had his own Phil Unit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts