VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I have been reading the forums for some time now and looking to take the plunge. I have been offered a 84bhp as per the title for 15500 Inc Vat

I really want a 140bhp and Tailgate but this looks to be a good deal and a pendle remap will get it to a decent bhp for a full camper conversion.

Was wandering if people more experienced could provide some thought. Is 30k mile really to much for a 12 month old van. Should I stay clear or is there anything I should look out for.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is it a T26. T28 or T30?

This indicates the gross vehicle weight. A T26 is only 2.6 tonnes GVW which is not really adequate for a conversion and all the stuff you put in it. 30K is fine and the price seems reasonable.

But may be worth holding out for the right van if you are going to throw 12K or so at it on a conversion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
School boy error. I totally forgot to ask if it was a t26 or above. I would want a t30 ideally for a conversion

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you don't buy it, can I have the details please T:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subject to finding out what weight rating it is. Is there anything I should look out for? It has had its first service at 20k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts