VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read lots of threads and no diffinitive answer on this one.

I have 225/40/18 with 40mm drop on at the mo and need abit more boing abd wheel arch filling.

Whats it gonna be dubsters?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Read lots of threads and no diffinitive answer on this one.
I agree, everyone has their own opinion on this one, so there is no definitive answer to the question as to what tyres are best for your requirement to fill your arches. I have 245/40 R19's if that helps?

Any better?

Ian. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
options , options

As much as 235/45/18 are the daddies they are over £400 a set as opposed to £224.00

so may well have to be 225/45/18 have the correct ratio for the speedo not to be effected?

T:

My van with 225/40/18

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Mine are 245x45x18, they are a damn comfy ride, i don;t see the speedo as being out so much, as they are pretty inaccurate anyway, again more like £400 but they are 100w load rated, which was a must since i busted my rims on cheap skinny tyres before.

I say get the widest deepest you can get, if you are getting them fitted try a trial fit, its what i had to make sure they were alright.

Check out the FAQ, for some good info on load rating,

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/faq.php?faq=t4wheelstyres

·
Registered
196 Posts
Alright their Jim, you getting any tram lining? Picking up the ruts on the road?

I was running 245/45 17's and was suffering with loads of feedback through the steering wheel and the ruts were pulling the front of the van all over the place. Went on to a new set of 235/45 17's and, being slightly narrower, sorted out much of the problem.

Oi Blackett - you changed your tyres? Thought you were on 225's:ILU:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
No I went for the 245/40 XL R19s with the 98Y load rating. Bit wider than I wanted really, and the fronts do catch the arches occasionally due to the extra width and decent rim protector. Swings and roundabouts really.

Ian. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats good to know Jim, I just aquired a set of 245 45 18s 96 load rated which is enough for the 888.thyre continental conti sports. by mistake really. i bought them as 225 45 18s , Got home and checked em over to find they were 245s, i was annoyed and thought about selling em on thinking they might catch. I think ill give them a shot now though. I have a set of audi Q5 wheels Im gonna fit, theyre 8j which equates to an ideal tyre wigth of 239mm i believe when you do the maths.so the tyres are good for the rim, My only concern is the ET being 39, whether they might rub. Im only doin 40mm drop so nothimg silly. So we'll just have to see. the wheels look awesome so i hope it all works well. asn soon as theyre on ill report back and post some pics.

cheers guys T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts