VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 240v battery charger from (Totally unhelpful) Kiravans. The intention is to connect it up to the 240v hook up power.

The model is the Nordelettronica NE287 21a. Most of the wiring is straight forward (240v supply to a 13amp socket from the hook up supply; red to leisure battery positive, black to earth), but there are 2 connections I'm not sure about on the molex connector;

Pin 3 - Input signal EBC (grey wire)
Pin 4 - Output 5v main supply signalling (White wire)

I have the temperature sensor for Pins 1 & 2, which I believe connects to the -ve terminal on the leisure battery.

I think that I don't need to connect pins 3 and 4, as the leisure battery is lead acid (Dip switches both on for lead acid, states the EBC should be disabled)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a 240v battery charger from (Totally unhelpful) Kiravans. The intention is to connect it up to the 240v hook up power.

The model is the Nordelettronica NE287 21a. Most of the wiring is straight forward (240v supply to a 13amp socket from the hook up supply; red to leisure battery positive, black to earth), but there are 2 connections I'm not sure about on the molex connector;

Pin 3 - Input signal EBC (grey wire)
Pin 4 - Output 5v main supply signalling (White wire)

I have the temperature sensor for Pins 1 & 2, which I believe connects to the -ve terminal on the leisure battery.

I think that I don't need to connect pins 3 and 4, as the leisure battery is lead acid (Dip switches both on for lead acid, states the EBC should be disabled)

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Hi - just wondering if you got anywhere with this. I've just got the same charger and have the same question. Thanks, Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts