VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, could someone please put up a link/diagram of how to wire in a hook up kit. I have just bought one it comes with instructions but no diagram. I have searched the forum and Googled it but cant seem to find one. In my hook up kit I have the RCD box, a white 3 core cable an orange 3 core cable an earth cable 2 plug sockets and the hook up socket.
Any help would be much appreciatedT:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
You need to connect the hookup socket using the orange cable to the input of the RCD consumer unit and connect one or more of the circuits on the consumer unit to the sockets using the white 3 core cable. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're not sure how to wire up a consumer unit, get an electrician to give you a hand. I could help, but you're not very near Essex. The reason there are no instructions supplied with consumer units is that they're meant to be installed by qualified electricians. I'm sure there's a wiring diagram for a consumer unit on here somewhere, in the meantime someone local must be able to help for some beer money.

Good luck, Al

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Massively agree with above post!!! I've done all my 12v stuff but big boy electric needs professional help or u could end up with a very big van shaped 240v ill kill ya no worries electrical box!

:eek:bad times:eek:

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Hi all, could someone please put up a link/diagram of how to wire in a hook up kit. I have just bought one it comes with instructions but no diagram. I have searched the forum and Googled it but cant seem to find one. In my hook up kit I have the RCD box, a white 3 core cable an orange 3 core cable an earth cable 2 plug sockets and the hook up socket.
So you looked in here http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Topic 4 and 8

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Steve, you can always give me a shout if you're stuck.....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I totally agree with the fact that I should not be doing the electrics if I am unsure. I am building another teardrop and basically I need to get the first fix cables in place so just want to make sure that i run the right ones, I will then get someone to check it over and do the final connections

1 - 6 of 6 Posts