VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a bush LED tv DVD combi from Argos. It runs at 20watts so quiet low and has a 5amp fuse. Voltage needed Ac 100-240v. So question is, whilst I'm driving to my destination can I power the tv somehow from the cig lighter hole? Once at site I'll use mains hookup.

I don't have leisure batter or split system. Just a cig lighter and then hook up once stationary at the site. I will however be eventually getting full electrics with split system.

Many thanks roz :0)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm no electrician, but if its def 240v then you would have to have an inverter to change the current , i don't think there would be any issues putting a cig lighter plug on the inverter

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Hi,

I have a bush LED tv DVD combi from Argos. It runs at 20watts so quiet low and has a 5amp fuse. Voltage needed Ac 100-240v. So question is, whilst I'm driving to my destination can I power the tv somehow from the cig lighter hole? Once at site I'll use mains hookup.

I don't have leisure batter or split system. Just a cig lighter and then hook up once stationary at the site. I will however be eventually getting full electrics with split system.

Many thanks roz :0)
Only if it takes a 12v input. Or you use an inverter.

Just get a TV that uses a wallwart that out puts 12v. Then wire up a voltage regulator to a cig lighter plug. And the regulated 12v to the TV.

Two leads fir the two uses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Would that work? No it's not 12v on the back of tv. Just a hard wired plug. No transformer like older LCD x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts