VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Both mate T: but your glad you dont have a white van, I have to polish the tailgate on mine after every wash :(

Nice to meet you at beauleiu mate T:
You too mate, met a few that I hadn't met before T:

Don't know what people must think with the number plate R3D VN yet the back is always black :D

Well i'm still quit but the van hasn't yet, it's not as bad as it was at Beau though, I thought it wasnt running right so checked it when I got home and found one of the injectors was loose LOL: did think I could hear a rattling and the smoke did seem extreme for it! Certainly not perfect yet but in talks with a couple of tuners which will have it running spot on but they range from 475-800 :(

·
Super Moderator
9,088 Posts
Just a little update, thanks to brookster now have a lift pump fitted and have to say it has made quite a difference!!! where as before it would slow down when reaching 4k revs it now pulls all the way round to 5k all through the gears, no slowing at all. Will take it out when it's dry as too much spinning in 2nd and 3rd to tell if there is any real improvement but wish I had done it sooner :D

So thanks too brookster for the heads up T:
I'm going to have to come down and see this beast Dan as in Devon from the 4th November for a week T:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sounds interesting could anyone give me an idea of what could be achieved with a 1.8t Corrado engine & Supercharger if i wanted to spend some money.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Just a little update, thanks to brookster now have a lift pump fitted and have to say it has made quite a difference!!! where as before it would slow down when reaching 4k revs it now pulls all the way round to 5k all through the gears, no slowing at all. Will take it out when it's dry as too much spinning in 2nd and 3rd to tell if there is any real improvement but wish I had done it sooner :D

Great News Dan keep us posted T:

3 other owners have fitted the lift pump too with great results

·
Registered
865 Posts

So what lift pump you went in the end the Facet Posiflo solid state ? I have the same fitted on my a6 and i am impressed with it, need to see how long it lasts !

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
So what lift pump you went in the end the Facet Posiflo solid state ? I have the same fitted on my a6 and i am impressed with it, need to see how long it lasts !
Yes thats the one T:

will be interesting to see how long it last, but at £35 its a good investment :D

FACET® POSI-FLO® SOLID STATE ELECTRONIC FUEL PUMPS

previous to the lift pump and in cold weather i struggled to get 1.2bar and you could feel the judder from lack of fuel at high rpm

The result is great with full flow to the Injection pump and no lack of fuelling at top end RPM T:

and all for under £40

Pump Spec -

FACET® POSI-FLO® SOLID STATE ELECTRONIC FUEL PUMPS
This outstanding, lightweight universal fuel pump can be used on all carburetor equipped vehicles
in addition to its use as a diesel lift pump. Outputs range from 23-40 GPH. If “out-of-fuel” conditions
occur, no extended cranking is necessary to re-start the engine.
The advanced technology engineered into the Facet® Posi-Flo® fuel pump allows,
in many applications, a convenient interchange with the cube fuel pump.
Available in 12 volt models • Corrosion resistant • Lightweight
Water resistant • Self-Priming • Rated for -40˚F to +180˚F

10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Thats the one Adam, the only thing I'm finding is it seems to slow fueling when cold on first start up, the rest of the time it performs brilliantly! Not sure if I ave it in the wrong place or if I buggered it up when I put it in the wrong way round to start of with LOL:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Orate all,
Just bought my first 2.5tdi t4/velle and absolutely loving it !
The problem i have is that I am only at 88 ponies & reading about these figures that you guys are producing is just awesome A:
Well done !!!

I'm currently IC shopping and was wondering if I should go down the FMIC route?
I'm not looking for ridiculous figures, or expensive tbh... I've got the kids for that :)
Looking to achieve 150 with all completed mods, anything over that will be a bonus T:

10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Orate all,
Just bought my first 2.5tdi t4/velle and absolutely loving it !
The problem i have is that I am only at 88 ponies & reading about these figures that you guys are producing is just awesome A:
Well done !!!

I'm currently IC shopping and was wondering if I should go down the FMIC route?
I'm not looking for ridiculous figures, or expensive tbh... I've got the kids for that :)
Looking to achieve 150 with all completed mods, anything over that will be a bonus T:
For ease and cost mate the best option is PP1 and an l200 I/c then map T: Rake is the chap to speak to about your injectors even does the xtra flow for a few more ponies T:

Nice simple and proven!!!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hey bud thanks for the reply.
So am I right in thinking that an l200 intercooler is equally as effective as a 102 version?
I'd hate to think that I'd be losing out :p because no doubt I'll be turbo hunting before long lol.
My velle is a long nose, do these l200 I/C fit in there ok?
I only have access to an iPhone at the moment and searching for info is painfully slow.. A bit like my 88bhp compared to your 250+bhp lol.
Cheers mate

10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Hey bud thanks for the reply.
So am I right in thinking that an l200 intercooler is equally as effective as a 102 version?
I'd hate to think that I'd be losing out :p because no doubt I'll be turbo hunting before long lol.
My velle is a long nose, do these l200 I/C fit in there ok?
I only have access to an iPhone at the moment and searching for info is painfully slow.. A bit like my 88bhp compared to your 250+bhp lol.
Cheers mate
Yep intercooler just as good although not standard they are a lot cheaper, will cover a hybrid turbo perfectly ok T:

Or you could just buy my van which is now up for sale!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this car still alive? I'd like hear how its going and did it never get bigger torsion bars?

(btw, I have own aroudn 250-300hp project starting. 1999 2.5tdi with bigger manual gearbox, 151's exhaust manifold, Renault's turbo, .280 nozzles - only exhaust pipe and downpipe needed to do before all parts are ready to install)

·
Super Moderator
9,088 Posts
Is this car still alive? I'd like hear how its going and did it never get bigger torsion bars?

(btw, I have own aroudn 250-300hp project starting. 1999 2.5tdi with bigger manual gearbox, 151's exhaust manifold, Renault's turbo, .280 nozzles - only exhaust pipe and downpipe needed to do before all parts are ready to install)
The op hasn't logged on for over a year :( think you'll find him over on the just T4 forum

221 - 237 of 237 Posts