VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all it's that time again need fronts this set of falcons dun 10k not great old Paton did 17k now do I try a different make cheaper ? Or Michelins this time more cash but tyre man said less road noise and more miles any views ? On Michelins ? Or different makes ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any cheap tyres again. I had Sunny 255/45 on my sportline alloys but have just changed all 4 to 235/50 size Hankooks and its like driving a different van. No more rumbling and road noise and grip is improved both in the wet and dry. If you're sticking to your current 255/45 size then I would advise you to go with a mid price rather than a budget tyre. Hope this helps.:)

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
The Hankooks are on my shopping list for next time. Good price, better fuel economoy and lower noise than my Contis. The Sunnys are pretty bad for noise.

235/50s aren't necesarily quieter than 255/45s

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any cheap tyres again. I had Sunny 255/45 on my sportline alloys but have just changed all 4 to 235/50 size Hankooks and its like driving a different van. No more rumbling and road noise and grip is improved both in the wet and dry. If you're sticking to your current 255/45 size then I would advise you to go with a mid price rather than a budget tyre. Hope this helps.:)
Sorry to hijack the thread but Andy, do the hankooks have any rim protection ? Im in the same boat as brighty1 and looking for a replacement for the contis I have on. The contis have a nice thick band of rubber which has save my alloys countless times.:)

cheers
Clive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts