VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a bit of searching but cant seam to find anything, is anyone running 255 55 19 tyres if so have you got any pics as i think the profile is a bit on the big side but that may well help with how i drive the van !!!!

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
That tyre size is WAY too big! It will adjust your gearing making it more sluggish to pull away and accelerate and ruin your fuel economy. Plus they'd look pants in your arches!

The standard size for a T5 is 205/65/16 so if you go for a 19" rim you should be looking at 255/40/19 or something like that.

Use THIS tyre size calculator to determine what tyre sizes will keep as near as possible to the original overall circumference by adjusting tyre width and aspect ratio, then search that tyre size at online tyre suppliers like Tyre Shopper or Camskill.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought they mite be but cheers mate, knock them one on the head then !!!! lol

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
My colleague runs 255/50R19s on his T5. He had to tweak the wheel arch liners to clear them. It certainly looks different! My T5 is approx 100mm lower and I've only fitted 40mm lowering springs.

245/40R19 aren't legal on many T5s, I guess you've got something really light like a T26?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers people have just picked up a set of 255/50 R19 Range rover sports, 4 almost new tyres just got to get the fitting kit this arvo and on they go !! will get pics up ASAP ......

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have RRS 255/50/19's on my T5 T28 only slight catching on the RHS wheel arch liner on full right lock.

I will swap to a 40 profile tyre once ive got some more funds but at the moment the current tyres have a lot of life left in them.

Thing of painting the inserts on the wheels with plasti dip Blue and leave the rest of the wheel silver.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'm running 255 55 19s on mine (T32). As its currently stock height it doesn't look too daft... plus they came with 4 decent tyres on, so they are staying for the time being. Even on full lock I get no catching or rubbing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
......and if anyone wants some, I've got three of the beggars sitting in my lounge that I need rid of. T:

Open to offers.....

Greg

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm running 255 55 19s on mine (T32). As its currently stock height it doesn't look too daft... plus they came with 4 decent tyres on, so they are staying for the time being. Even on full lock I get no catching or rubbing.
Any pics on this setup?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts