VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang

I’m new to this lowering talk.

So excuse me if I’m asking a dumb question.
Can you get rear springs that are 25mm less than original.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
You could almost get down to that by removing the upper and lower rubber plates and for nothing mate T:T:T: Mine never had the lower ones and if you want something in place of the uppers you can buy lowering plates from Tidytransporters or T4s R Us or just make some from thin rubber like i did T:T:T:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could almost get down to that by removing the upper and lower rubber plates and for nothing mate T:T:T: Mine never had the lower ones and if you want something in place of the uppers you can buy lowering plates from Tidytransporters or T4s R Us or just make some from thin rubber like i did T:T:T:
Hi thanks for suggestion.

Is there any down side to removing the upper and lower plates, what are their function.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i would try either eibechs or t4srus heavy weight springs and put a standard stack dampener on top on existing one to lift her a bit 10mm- 15mm a stack if nec. you can take them away if you like it or lift her 10mm with an extra stack. will sit and ride comfy!T:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi thanks for suggestion.

Is there any down side to removing the upper and lower plates, what are their function.
plates are there for a reason noise and corrosion to shock plate. some are happy some not. i would say removing the bottem ones is no issue! top ones you will notice you bus your fun! :ILU:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts