VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

Does any 1 run the above tyres on a T5 by any chance?????? Got a set of storm wheels but I do a lot of mileage and carry a bit of weight as well (van that is lol)

Any help or pics would be great.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Morning, yes I've had 275 40 20s for over 5 years. I managed 40,000 miles out of them, they are Hankook extra load and my van weighs in at 2.35 t on average.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hi,I run the same tyres on BMW x5wheels with a 40mm drop and they dont rub,but It will be down to the offset of your wheels,my mate has the same on his with different wheels and his do rub ......cheers Wayne

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does any no what the off set is on the rangerover sport wheels??

Still confussed on what tyres to get for them :confused:

Any 1 got any pics of these on 20" with same size tyres on???

Thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
320 Posts

These are Nankang 275 40 20 on my 20" wheels. Lowered on Eibach's

Ride quality is pretty good, only rub if full lock jammed on and really fil the wheel arch. The rear suspension has dropped a bit since this mid build photo.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Here's mine with 20" Stormers, 70mm drop and new Pirelli P Zero tyres in 255/40 20. Changed them a few weeks ago from 35 profile tyres and it's so much more comfy now. T:

Sorry about the dark pic.

Only a very small amount of rubbing on full lock to the right.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Slightest rubbing in reverse and full lock - also my speedo is out so beware, I reckon nearly 10%

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had 275/40/20" tyres on my caravelle and it rubbed real bad had to get some 35 profile tyres and she only rubs slightly on full right hand lock

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a bunch of Great looking vans. I can't wait to get my wheels back from paint and get them on know

Thanks guys a great help

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this thread but,

I've bought my van a few months ago with 255x40x20 Toyo Proxi tyres on them which just need replacing but these Toyo tyres are not avaialble anymore and the prices i've been quoted are over £300 each for various replacement makes.

Can anybody recommend where to buy and what make is best for price etc or even to change the profile\width to make tyre replacement affordable.

Any help please?!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Merseyspeed would you recommend the 255 45 20's? do they not rub? do you lose a lot of the ride comfort?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry to jump in on this thread but,

I've bought my van a few months ago with 255x40x20 Toyo Proxi tyres on them which just need replacing but these Toyo tyres are not avaialble anymore and the prices i've been quoted are over £300 each for various replacement makes.

Can anybody recommend where to buy and what make is best for price etc or even to change the profile\width to make tyre replacement affordable.

Any help please?!?
the correct size for your speedo to read right is 255 35 20 you have to think if you want a nice ride or to know what speed your doing. i just bought some for £100 each

·
Registered
177 Posts

if you look on the inside of your wheel it will say the offset there. it will say ET and then two numbers . most of the time it will be around 45

1 - 20 of 31 Posts