VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know what to order, anyone got any thoughts on what's the best with regards to beds?????? is the 3/4 rock n roll bed wide enough for a week or twos camping for two adults or should i go for the full width... cheers T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
In our van strangely named Rosie, we have a full width and i love it. There is nothing worse than waking pressed hard against a unit or the side of the van or having to sleep too closely to your partner on a baking hot night. Full width is a winner as far as i'm concerned because you have none of the above problems T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i manage fine on a 3/4,depends if you need cooker units down the side etc and would need to go for 3/4,if you are intending on cooking in an awning etc then full would be great,its up to you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was looking at cannon forge beds, as seems they have a good rep! any one out there that can recommend auto-beds? (looking like it might be full width) I:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
thats full width with cushions but he does a basic bed 3/4 £170 and a delux where seat belts can be put on also runs on a ball bearing slides and locks its self and thats £280 also been on the phone to mark the chap who makes them and they ended on ebay the other day but if you gone on SHAWYS threads you will see the beds there is number is 07885986324 I:

I went on his and it's not got any posts relating to a bed??? he has only done two posts??

can you post up the link you are on about..cheers
bud

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I have tried to look at the pictures you have posted and I can n't see them even though I have paid me £10!!!!

any mods here can I have access please now..

one thing to ask is I know the cannon can use 3" foam and 1" memory topper
but with the Auto bed I was toldto use 3.5" I could use 4" but would have to round the edges off

I think I am liking bolting to the floor rather than the loading points. Do the Auto beds one bolt though a chassis area or is it just though the floor ( as that is thin steal really) I would have to plate it..

any one know what I mean or fitted a Auto beds one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts