VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a query for your vast experiences,

I've got the 3 beeps of death from my 05 T28 2.5 SWb when i flash up the ignition.
No other indication on dash other than battery until starting her up then none.
Had a garage have a look at her and no faults are being output. My top banana mechanic mentioned that it could possibly be a light missing or bulb?
The guy previous to me seems to have removed the interior lights apart from the slider one, could this be it?

Any ideas are welcome!

·
Pendle Performance Main Agent
1,135 Posts
Nothing came up on vagcom, it could be low battery level, Ginger said something about a new alternator which wasn't, that should make sense to you. T:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Low levels in coolant beeps three times, but also lights up on the dash.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Is it not just a "test" of the buzzer when the ignition is first switched "ON" ? Mine, a 2005 1.9, always done it from new.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah TH!
I'm guessing you're the other top banana mechanic who worked on my van today. Cheers.
I'll keep an eye on the battery levels and see if I can't get some lights in the back, see if that makes a difference..
Still got that rattle at the rear near side though.
Looks like I'll take off all the panels again and maybe get he wife to hit bits while I listen in the cab.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ive been getting the same thing:(but broke a record today and got six beeps! noticed I had the parking lights on,the strange thing is I didn't realize I had parking lights(no extra position on light switch)that was the first three beeps the next three were abs/traction light on but that's been on for two weeks but it decided to start beeping at me now.
sorry bud I realize that's of no use to you whatsoever

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Ive been getting the same thing:(but broke a record today and got six beeps! noticed I had the parking lights on,the strange thing is I didn't realize I had parking lights(no extra position on light switch)that was the first three beeps the next three were abs/traction light on but that's been on for two weeks but it decided to start beeping at me now.
sorry bud I realize that's of no use to you whatsoever
If you leave the indicator stalk switched to either L/H or R/H positions & then turn the ignition switch OFF, the side lights on the selected side will come ON. T:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Maybe a battery low indicator , mine had been stood up for a few weeks and, when it was first started up , beeped twice, never done it before, but,after taking it out for a longish run, all is now ok so, maybe, the battery wasa bit low

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you leave the indicator stalk switched to either L/H or R/H positions & then turn the ignition switch OFF, the side lights on the selected side will come ON. T:
Thanks bud I never knew that and that's what had happenedA:

And yep vagcom is showing low batteryA:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing yet mate. Going to attack it this weekend.
Along with the door catch, the rattle, the stereo, the soundproofing..... Does it ever end??:*

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine makes the 3 beeps if I turn the ignition with my seatbelt off - if I put the belt on first and then turn the ignition I get no beeps!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Mine makes the 3 beeps if I turn the ignition with my seatbelt off - if I put the belt on first and then turn the ignition I get no beeps!
Well done that man. Just tried this on my van & guess what ? .................. it's the same T: You never stop learning :ILU:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Stevey I hope you got yours sorted bud, after 5 monthes of my abs/traction light on I took mine to a new garage and got it sorted within 10mins turned out to de a rubbed wire in the n/ wheel arch no more beeps or orange glow from the dashboard, ive got so used to the beeps and orange lights now its strange to drive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts