VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all what is the draw backs of a 3 door t4 it will only be used as a day van its a 1996 1.9 with 190000 on the clock but the body work is great and what else should i look for on it as its my first VWA: i am a plodder so speed is not a issue thanks any advice greatfull :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
which door are you welding up then side or rear??

just would of thought getting acces to stuff would be annoying, climbing over seats etc, but would give more room for units etc

·
Registered
353 Posts
hi all what is the draw backs of a 3 door t4 it will only be used as a day van its a 1996 1.9 with 190000 on the clock but the body work is great and what else should i look for on it as its my first VWA: i am a plodder so speed is not a issue thanks any advice greatfull :)
has the van already only got three doors?...or, are you thinking of removing one?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Depends what you want from your van???...

Are you planning on converting it?

You could do something unique... you have to ask your self all the questions, of what you wan to do with it really?

Most, T4 owners access the back part from the sliding side door?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i know i have an Iveco camper at the mo nut its to big and i want something smaller .i was thinking about putting the bed behind the drivers seat and sink and double burner at the rear i have a pal who lives in Portugal and i go down there 5-6 months of the year and its just to sleep in and carry fishing tackle amd a Jack Russel dog my present van is black and it is like a boil in the bag curry in the sun

·
Registered
353 Posts
yes i know i have an Iveco camper at the mo nut its to big and i want something smaller .i was thinking about putting the bed behind the drivers seat and sink and double burner at the rear i have a pal who lives in Portugal and i go down there 5-6 months of the year and its just to sleep in and carry fishing tackle amd a Jack Russel dog my present van is black and it is like a boil in the bag curry in the sun
LOL:..yeah, i did think you could put the bed at the front area, as long as you dont need to access
the cab area, while using the back???..

will take a bit of working out...but am sure it could be good, as long as its well thought out...

good luck, if you do buy it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts