VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please give any advice on good 3 way fridges (less than 40l) to install in a T4 camper conversion? My brain has gone numb from ebay and amazon watching!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. A newbie here with my first post on this great forum. How did I never find it before!

Anyway. My Bilbo's Celeste T4 bought new 2002 was fitted with a Waeco 12v compressor fridge. I have had vans big and small in the past with 3way's and the Waeco is much better. Still working after 88k miles and much used. Would not have anything else.
Nigel

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you are specifically looking for a 3 way fridge, I went down this route because I wanted something that could run for more than a couple of days without hookup (ie on gas) then I've been happy with the Dometic RM123.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/dometic-refrigerator-rm123-with-3-way-power-choice-j11895.html

Bear in mind that as stated above these aren't designed to run for any length of time from 12v, when on site you should run them from either mains or gas - and also that you have to cut a hole in the side of the van for the gas flue.

Cheers

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you are specifically looking for a 3 way fridge, I went down this route because I wanted something that could run for more than a couple of days without hookup (ie on gas) then I've been happy with the Dometic RM123.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/dometic-refrigerator-rm123-with-3-way-power-choice-j11895.html

Bear in mind that as stated above these aren't designed to run for any length of time from 12v, when on site you should run them from either mains or gas - and also that you have to cut a hole in the side of the van for the gas flue.

Cheers
I agree, I've been running one of these for the last 2 years & it works great. I only run on 12v while driving (wired it so it will only run while the engine is running, which is what they recommend as it is a high current drain) T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts