VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 know whether the calipers on the 16 inch wheel/300mm brake system are the same as the calipers on the 17inch wheel/330 mm brakes on the 174bhp vans? I mean I know there going to be bigger in some way but is it the caliper or just the carrier that that allows for the use of the bigger discs?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I'm going to go to Vw this week and find out if the caliper numbers etc are the same. I'll let you know

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Sure I replied on this yesterday but never mind. Unfortunalty the caliper part numbers are different so you need everything to covert. Think I may go down the Porsche route.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too! At least in theory you should be able to use the T5 fitment 330mmx 32mm discs for the conversion and keep costs down. You can get drilled and grooved ones. Any one know of a place to source some GOOD quality conversion brackets.

·
Super Moderator
9,106 Posts
forge motorsport to a big disk conversion kit For £1950 but they maybe able to supply just the brackets.:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
V-maxx are nearly ready with thier big brake set up.............. 330mm full floating disc's & nice big red 4 pot callipers

take a look at thier dutch web site.....A:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Theres a guy on ebay who makes the brackets just tell him what size you need i put porsche brakes on mk 3 golf around £80 i paid:ILU:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anybody if there is a bracket available to convert from 300 - 330 disks?

Need to replace all disks and pads soon and would prefer the uprated T32 setup :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
personaly speaking I dont think the brakes are that good, its all comparative to what your used too, my daily 330D and say your fiesta 1.1 LOL:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Mrs likes her Audi, but she only uses it for going the shop

I keep the R34 skyline for the odd Sunday drive and track day blast

Anyhow back to these brakes, anybody know anything I:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts