VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, does anyone know what the relay no 38 that is fitted upside down does? mine has started having fits of ticking without any reason that i can tell. my van is a 95 2.4d caravelle, thanks

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Please post in the correct section not really a tech article is it ? Moved here :ILU:
But to help.......how about a position no from the board and when it ticks too. ie whne starting running etc ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about that, the relay ticks at any time really while van is running, although it seems to be more frequent when lights are on, however removing it does not affect any of the lights operation. indeed removing it doesnt seem to matter to any of the electrical systems that you would use constantly, the only electrical prob i am having at the moment is with my temp guage which only works when engine temp gets quite high. apparently the relay itself is ok and does what it should do. any help much appreciated, regards dave

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
is your rear wiper switched on its the button on the stalk that you push in ? the temp gauge should sit around the middle if it aint get it looked at

1 - 7 of 7 Posts