VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, ive heard that you can buy some sort of Wifi box that can get you internet on the go while in Europe. Has any one had one or have any help with this?>

Kind Regards

Rob

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,037 Posts
Hi there, ive heard that you can buy some sort of Wifi box that can get you internet on the go while in Europe. Has any one had one or have any help with this?>

Kind Regards

Rob
You want something like this - Huawei E5577- 4G Low-Cost, Super-Fast Portable Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot, which is often referred to a MiFi Dongle or MiFi Router

Then you need a SIM card to put into it. Choose the provider you want and drop it in.

If you get a Router like the one above, which is unlocked, you can put any SIM in it. If you buy a cheaper one from a phone shop it will likely be tied to a specific network and so limits your use potentially (you might want to put in an Italian SIM for example?)

This is for 3G or 4G Mobile Networks. If you want WiFi, as in WiFi Hotspots and not your own mobile internet service, that is something different again :)

·
Registered
340 Posts

Kind Regards

Rob
Can you not just hotspot from your phone. Most 4G plans include European roaming. That's all we did last summer and had the kids streaming Netflix etc.. from our phones. No need for extra stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i was thinking of doing but the internet sometimes 2 years ago in France wasn't the best, things could have improved but if you have done Netflix streaming while on the go then im confident on my personal hotspot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for youre kind reply. i will look in to this. but the comment below looks good in terms of personal hotspot.

4g coverage looks good in france with Three.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,037 Posts
thank you for youre kind reply. i will look in to this. but the comment below looks good in terms of personal hotspot.

4g coverage looks good in france with Three.
The Phone Hotspot is a good option and can use your existing plan as well so no extra contracts needed T: If you want it for more than just yourself though it could be a pain as the hotspot will go whereever you go, so any kids will loose their internet if you say go to the shops on your own and take the phone.

I use a dedicated MiFi Router as my camper is "always connected" for monitoring purposes plus I could add an external aeriel for better signal connection :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts