VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, has anyone had any experience of using the above, good or bad. I am wanting to do some interior parts with it but wanting advise/experiences from people before I...................make a mess!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Funny enough i ordered some off ebay last week and then covered my door handles and little panel under the light switch last night..... Pics are on way
Works better if you warm it up with a heat gun/hairdryer.
Can you spot the slight mishap?

This one isnt perfect, might take it off & do it again, but not bad first attempt, i dont think.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
out of interest how did you remove the door handle parts??
At either end (as in nearest the mirror & nearest the door lock pin) there are clips which hold it down. Just put a small flat headed screwdriver (wrapped in a cloth, so not to scratch plastic) under the handle at these areas & prise up gently.

mine came up easier than i thought...... Once you have wrapped them, just line up back in place & bang down into position.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A heat guns essential, by heating the sheet you remove the 'memory' of the film allowing you to bend it and it not trying to spring back to its original shape. If you heat the piece your covering as well it makes it even easier.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advise, I'm thinking of doing my the plastics on my newly fitted Mini Seats-think I'll start with the side bits to get my eye in before attempting the seat back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i used the same carbon stuff from ebay and it worked a treat. it was really easy,all i used was a sharp craft knife and a hair dryer. if you want to do the door handles you need to pull them up and out to get them off and if you want to do the heater vents there is a sneaky screw holding it in behind it so you need to open the door and take the panel off the side to get to itT:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do the side air vents just pop out after removing "sneaky screw" as I removed it but still could'nt pull the vent out.Maybe I was to scared of breaking it.As for the carbon just take your time and don't be scared to stretch it.You'll be suprised how stretchy it is,I'm in the middle of doing my wing mirrors it's a pig of a job but looks good.Good luck T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts