VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,
Have got back (just) from a great weekend at beaulieu this evening, spent it all in 3rd gear! Not a very nice experience for me or anyone behind me for that matter! After a spot of good old forum thread researching it would appear I needed to look in the area of my gear linkage on top of the gearbox. I guess a trip to VW for some parts is in order though I'm not sure what parts I should be asking for - any advice as usual would be much appreciated.... hope the picture helps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Went to TPS and got the parts earlier. The guides were a great help. All done now though very difficult to get 1st and 2nd gear, should be good enough to get me to work in the morning when I can get it up on a ramp to carry out the minor adjustments needed!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It should just be a case of undoing the nut on the pinch bolt at the bottom of the gear stick and adjusting it until you can get all the gears.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://elsaweb.spaghetticoder.org/doc/N.en-GB.70-S-S02B/609560/2

I found this on another gear linkage thread so will have a go at that tomorrow. Where it was on my driveway this evening meant I had restricted access to say the least, no jack or axle stands were available and van was on a 'side to side' as well as 'up to down' slope, my nose was black from it rubbing on bottom of then fuel tank haha!! (And its been lowered about 65mm too - lucky I am skinny!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts