VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

having bought my 3rd T4 (with other stuff in between) I thought it was about time, that I popped in here.

My first T4 was a '93 Caravelle SuperVan 2.4 automatic LWB. A model, that only exists in Denmark. Basically it's a a Caravelle without seats in the back and a plexyglass windows only behind the drivers seat, tinted windows in the back. It's sold as a executive van, for people that only need 2 seats, the space, the comfort, but don't want to pay the 200% VRT (commercial van's are ONLY 50% VRT in Denmark).

For a while I had an ex-ESB '99 VW Transporter Syncro TDI LWB. Unfortunatly I had to leave that behind in France with a bust transmission. Not feasable to fix or collect.

On sunday I bought a german '99 VW Caravelle TDI 9-seater SWB, which I primarily will use for work. As these van's are extremely spacey and practically it'll also be used for festivals and camping, for sure.

For now there will be a lot of stuff to fix. The van isn't new and has a good few problems.

The electrical windows are playing up, service needs to be done, a few dents and scratches need to be sorted, left headlight is bust etc.

Yesterday the van went into the bodyshop, tomorrow or thursday it'll be imported into the republic, new front and rear lights are ordered (black angle eyes front, black rear lights).

I tried to import the van on monday, but as usual wth left-hand drive van's and especially caravelle, customs had no code for it. Quote for VRT came today and it'll be in the system in the next day or two.

I've got a good few plans on improvements as I go along, like alloys, maybe modified front etc.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I certainly will. First was to remove scratches in paint (somebody keyed the bus all way around a few years ago) and two dents caused by driving in rural Ireland (don't try to fight tractors :p).

I'll take the first pics on friday. I hope that the Angel Eyes and rear lights arrive end of the week or monday/tuesday.

/M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts