VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy some 20" rims for my T5 but need to know if this will upset the 4motion??

VW said that the van cant be lowered due to it been the 4montion version....I can live with this as i was only going to ,ower it by 30mm but I do wan some 20's on it!!
Any help welcome...

Its just in VW having the Sportline front bumper Splitter and DRL kit fitted.... looks mint!!! but have to wait 12 hrs for the bonding to set!!! :eek:

Ta

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My t5 2013 180 4motion was lowered by sinclairs in swansea, salesman checked with the parts manager they had just released 30mm lowering
springs for 4motion.T:T:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
as long as the rolling radius is the same front to back then should be fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Usual vw I'm afraid. Had my fair share of R32's which are 4 motion. As long as the radius of front and back are the same, you will have no problems. Think there is a certain percentage allowance due to tyre wear. As for lowering, makes no difference at all to the 4 motion. Yes the driveshafts may sit at a lower angle, but that would be it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys,
I will be on the blower to VW Monday morning requesting 30mm lowering springs!!!

Opinions on choice of wheels, I am looking at a set of these...

Range Rover Sport Autobiography POLISHED.

Rim size: 20"
Rim width: 9.5J
Offset: ET53
Stud Diameter: 120
Studs: 5

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again guys,
VW insist that there are lowering springs for the 2.00ltr 4Motion only the old 2.5ltr variant!!

Now I am really confused..... but warranty is an issue if the wrong springs are installed.......I have already had a new rear diff & drive shaft through a warranty claim (£4000) so wouldn't like to risk it just yet.... the van will be 3 years next March so might have a think again then.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hi again guys,
VW insist that there are lowering springs for the 2.00ltr 4Motion only the old 2.5ltr variant!!

Now I am really confused..... but warranty is an issue if the wrong springs are installed.......I have already had a new rear diff & drive shaft through a warranty claim (£4000) so wouldn't like to risk it just yet.... the van will be 3 years next March so might have a think again then.

Thanks
Hi ring sinclair swansea 01792894949 . They fitted lowering springs to my new van.I have got the receipts so l dont think they
would dispute any warranty issues. My dealings with newbery and totton dealers does not inspire confidence.
good luckT:T:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi again guys,

Thanks
Hi, Pentraeth in Anglesey said that there were no lowering springs available for my T32 4Motion 2012 so checked on the forum and found that bjt4 had his done by a VW dealer so I phoned VW commercial vans in Manchester (closer than Swansea) who said that they could do it no problem and a great service
(Went with VW re. Warranty)
Van still looks high though :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts